BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member

Does the dealift grow big biceps

Most of us know to always keep our arms straight during the deadlift so we do not tear our biceps. However, has anyone ever tried not straightening the elbows with lighter weight and taken advantage of the isometric contraction involved? My theory is with this and regular biceps work you might be able to grow a bigger set of guns?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBuck6 View Post
    Most of us know to always keep our arms straight during the deadlift so we do not tear our biceps. However, has anyone ever tried not straightening the elbows with lighter weight and taken advantage of the isometric contraction involved? My theory is with this and regular biceps work you might be able to grow a bigger set of guns?
    I dunno...that seems like under heavy weight (400+) that could upset your balance, and maybe lead to injury.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I think it would be overkill. I know I burn my biceps on back day with various rowing/pull-up motions. If it's bicep growth you're after, many of the guys swear buy open-palm narrow-grip chins with negatives. Works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I think it would be overkill. I know I burn my biceps on back day with various rowing/pull-up motions. If it's bicep growth you're after, many of the guys swear buy open-palm narrow-grip chins with negatives. Works well for me.
    I don't need much help in terms of biceps 19" @ 6'5" is pretty good IMO but I do appreciate the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    I dunno...that seems like under heavy weight (400+) that could upset your balance, and maybe lead to injury.
    Reread my post, I was talking about lighter weight deads (315 and under) to be exact.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Reread my post, I was talking about lighter weight deads (315 and under) to be exact.
    Sorry, missed it. But yeah...I don't think that'd be too effective.

Thread Information