Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    tcw's Avatar
    tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,354

    13 Body Parts...(sets per part)

    I read all the time about guys working their body in a one week period and hitting each part with 10-15 sets(sometimes more sets or less).

    However the following list are the muscle parts that everyone has.

    1. -Pecs
    2. -Biceps
    3. -Triceps
    4. -Delts
    5. -Quads
    6. -Leg Bis
    7. -Calfs
    8. -stomach
    9. -Traps
    10. -Forearms
    11. -Upper Back
    12. -Lower Back
    13. -Neck


    Can someone explain to me (and the rest of us) how does one work the above list of body parts and hit each one for 10-15 sets every week....WITHOUT dying from exhaustion.

    It would take about 1.5 hrs/day, 5 days per week, 2-2.5 body parts per-day, AND short lived training cycle to achieve the above.

    (Your constructive input is greatly appreciated).

    ~T

  2. #2
    Dan111 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In my apartment.
    Posts
    170
    It is actually not all that hard to workout the entire body over 5 days and you can do it in under an hour.

    First off, as far as legs, when you do squats, leg presses and lunges you are working out quads, glutes, and hams, so let's say you do 4 sets of each of those exercises, that's 12 sets and you hit all those muscle groups. If you were to do isolation exercises like leg extensions and then leg curls and do 4 sets each, that's another 8 sets. So you're totaling 20 sets for your legs and all of those exercises can easily be done in around 45 minutes (as long as you're not sitting around like a lazy ass and are really pushing yourself taking only 45-60 seconds of rest between sets). This then gives you time to work on abs or calves.

    So just as an example, this one day has you working out 4 muscle groups (glutes, quads, hams, and either calves or abs) and it takes you less than an hour.

    So I think it's easily possible to workout the other 10 muscle groups you mentioned over the other 4 days, without taking over 45min to an hour, at most, and the reason I think it's possible is because I do it every week.

  3. #3
    the big 1's Avatar
    the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,433
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    I read all the time about guys working their body in a one week period and hitting each part with 10-15 sets(sometimes more sets or less).

    However the following list are the muscle parts that everyone has.

    1. -Pecs
    2. -Biceps
    3. -Triceps
    4. -Delts
    5. -Quads
    6. -Leg Bis
    7. -Calfs
    8. -stomach
    9. -Traps
    10. -Forearms
    11. -Upper Back
    12. -Lower Back
    13. -Neck

    ^^^^ these 3 exercises can hit every single one of those muscles in under 1 hour a week, and better than any other i might add...deadlifts, squats and press'

    Can someone explain to me (and the rest of us) how does one work the above list of body parts and hit each one for 10-15 sets every week....WITHOUT dying from exhaustion.

    It would take about 1.5 hrs/day, 5 days per week, 2-2.5 body parts per-day, AND short lived training cycle to achieve the above.

    (Your constructive input is greatly appreciated).

    ~T
    comment above in bold

    personally, i think training each muscle once a week sucks unless you pushing some serious poundages, the frequincy of each muscle trained is to low, the volume is always to high and most people platue faster on this tpye of training than any other, but who im i to say you should'nt do it, everything works if some basic rules are applied like proggressive resistance and intensity...

    to answer you question, i would split your body parts up into groups and do some sort of 4 day split...heres an example...

    monday - chest and biceps
    tuesday - quads, hams and calves, abs
    wednesday - off
    thursday - shoulders and triceps
    friday - back and traps
    saturday - off
    sunday - off
    repeat...

    when i train this way for mass, i use 3 exercises for big body parts, and do around 2-4 sets on each in the 8-12 rep range..
    small body parts i train with 1-2 exercises, for about 3-4 sets in the 8-12 reps range...

    segregating each muscle and training with some ***** isolation exercise with add little size and thickness to your physique... pick the big compound lifts like deadlifts,full squats and heavy pressing exercise...save shaping exercise like 'dumbell triceps kickbacks' for when you actually have built a pair of triceps to shape...
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.

  4. #4
    tcw's Avatar
    tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    comment above in bold

    personally, i think training each muscle once a week sucks unless you pushing some serious poundages, the frequincy of each muscle trained is to low, the volume is always to high and most people platue faster on this tpye of training than any other, but who im i to say you should'nt do it, everything works if some basic rules are applied like proggressive resistance and intensity...

    to answer you question, i would split your body parts up into groups and do some sort of 4 day split...heres an example...

    monday - chest and biceps
    tuesday - quads, hams and calves, abs
    wednesday - off
    thursday - shoulders and triceps
    friday - back and traps
    saturday - off
    sunday - off
    repeat...

    when i train this way for mass, i use 3 exercises for big body parts, and do around 2-4 sets on each in the 8-12 rep range..
    small body parts i train with 1-2 exercises, for about 3-4 sets in the 8-12 reps range...

    segregating each muscle and training with some ***** isolation exercise with add little size and thickness to your physique... pick the big compound lifts like deadlifts,full squats and heavy pressing exercise...save shaping exercise like 'dumbell triceps kickbacks' for when you actually have built a pair of triceps to shape...

    Thanks dude.

    So smaller parts would be considered
    -bi's
    -tri's
    -??

    Bigger Compounding Exercises would be
    -Bench Press
    -Bent over rows
    -squats

    ??

  5. #5
    the big 1's Avatar
    the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,433
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Thanks dude.

    So smaller parts would be considered
    -bi's
    -tri's
    -??

    Bigger Compounding Exercises would be
    -Bench Press
    -Bent over rows
    -squats

    ??
    small body parts - biceps, triceps, maybe delts (they get alot of indirect work), calves (most people react better to high reps with calves)

    compounds - any type of deadlift or squat, any heavy press (bench, military)

    the big compound moves recruit more muscle than any other exercises, and build net hypertropy over the whole body, when i say NET, i mean every muscle...

    you cant get better advice on a training front, than to stick to the big 3 and increase them overtime....shape and cut muscles later on when you have mass in the area...

    the other day i asked this huge guy at my gym how i can get my triceps to be more detailed , he told me flat out that i need a tricep first before i consider trying to shape one i havent even built yet....
    Last edited by the big 1; 08-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.

  6. #6
    tcw's Avatar
    tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,354
    ^^Nice...

    I don't get much of a pump doing the Big 3 exercises...that's probably why i have not concentrated on them....they just aren't as fun.

    However, a good change of pace is called for at this time..and its time to bulk up.

  7. #7
    the big 1's Avatar
    the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,433
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    ^^Nice...

    I don't get much of a pump doing the Big 3 exercises...that's probably why i have not concentrated on them....they just aren't as fun.

    However, a good change of pace is called for at this time..and its time to bulk up.
    good to hear, and just let me say, the 'pump' is no indication of whether an exercise is making you grow...

    when your squating and pressing 2-3 times your own body weight, your gonna big one big dude if your eating right...

    ide rather get a Personal Best on squat and feel no pump or pain, than thrash out a blood pumping set of leg extensions with a 3rd of the weight and feel recked...

    strenght builds size over time...

  8. #8
    tcw's Avatar
    tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,354
    ^^ True Dat!

    I surprised myself the other day and did full squats with 315 @ 6 times !

    I had never come close to the 300 hundred mark....and i was just a little pissed off that day. I was in a "take no shit" mode and i just banged out 6 reps at 315.

    I was so PROUD of myself...and i've got skinny legs (tall and lanky).

    Keep up the good work "big 1"

    Thanks again!

    ~Tony

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •