adzy is offline Junior Member

Shoulder DB Press

Hey guys quick question;
    If i was doing shoulder DB Presses how far down should i bring the DB's? i.e.. until upper arms are perpendicular to the floor or lower.

Also how high should i bring them?

Thanks

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    usually i bring them down to ear level. sometimes when i start out i usually bring it a little lower for a full stretch and on the way up i dont lock out.. keep the tension in the shoulders by not locking out. remember push it up and slowly lower it and stretch the muscle then drive it up once again...

kiki123 is offline Associate Member
    You don't need to go all the way up with DB Press. I stop about half way up, any higher and your tri's start doing more of the work. That way, the tension is always on the shoulders. When you lower the weight you should try to focus on pulling the shoulders back and making the movement as wide as possible whilst keeping the pinky higher than your thumb.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytime View Post
    usually i bring them down to ear level. sometimes when i start out i usually bring it a little lower for a full stretch and on the way up i dont lock out.. keep the tension in the shoulders by not locking out. remember push it up and slowly lower it and stretch the muscle then drive it up once again...
    I usually follow these same rules myself but add in drop sets after my working sets and bring them as low as I can and only push a little over halfway up.

adzy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytime View Post
    Thanks bro, I will be doing exactly this on my next workout, I usually lock out but I'll give this method a shot.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    all the way down and half -3 quarters of the way up.

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adzy View Post
    Thanks bro, I will be doing exactly this on my next workout, I usually lock out but I'll give this method a shot.
    No problems. We learn something new everyday. i always use to lockout when i first started out but now i dont and keep constant tension in my shoulders i really feel it...

Thread Information