MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

Ever tried a leg workout like this?

i modified this from a leg workout someone linked to in a thread awhile back.

the original was squat 2x a week starting at 2 minutes and adding 40 seconds every squat workout, then 2 sets of leg ext. for 30 reps each, then 3 sets leg curls 12,10,8 all to failure. finishing at 8 minutes!! obviously using a significant percentage less than your max. I think the author of the article said the guy thattold him about the workout used 30% of his max, but i could be mistaken.

anyway i modified it a bit, mine goes like this:

mon:
    2 min-full squat
    leg ext-same
    leg curl-same
    calf raises-1:30 min

thur:
    2min-hack squat
    rest of legs-same

mon:
    2min-leg press
    same

then adding 40 seconds and doing mon, thurs, mon. again. then adding 40 seconds and so on all the way up to 8 min.

im up to 4 minutes now and i need half an hour after my workout just to walk up the stairs to leave the gym!!! Anyone ever tried anything like this???

Moto

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    I will try that this weekend and let you know how it goes sounds effective!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuck6 View Post
    I will try that this weekend and let you know how it goes sounds effective!
    it is!!! i remember hearing that tom platz used to squat for up to 10 min at a time and we all know what kinda wheels that guy got.

Moto

bigZ244 is offline New Member
    that was me bro, its called hungarian oak leg blast. i tried the 20 rep squat and milk program and it worked for a while until i platued and just went to 5x5 with the gallon of milk and gained abour 10 lbs in 3 months practically all in my lower

Quote Originally Posted by bigZ244 View Post
    that was me bro, its called hungarian oak leg blast. i tried the 20 rep squat and milk program and it worked for a while until i platued and just went to 5x5 with the gallon of milk and gained abour 10 lbs in 3 months practically all in my lower
    YES!!!! thats what its called!!! i was lookin for the thread but couldnt find it. good call on posting that link bro. i have never done a leg workout like this. it is INSANE!!! already getting comments about leg growth.

Moto

Thread Information