Thread: Now or never...

latitude is offline New Member

Now or never...

G'day guys, new here. Need your wise words.

I'm 21 and have always been the one that reads a shitload, but very soon loses consistency. I used to always do the old one muscle a week thing, thinking I was being smart to avoid over training but always became very bored with 'rest' and SEVERE doms from over-motivation on an untrained body. In fact I think my problem lies within reading too much.

Since coming out of school and sports my body shape has slowly deteriorated and I have finally tasted what it is like to be very average indeed. I don't like it and it's not me.

Anyway enough with the life story babble already...

My testosterone level at this young age is the highest it will ever be (correct?). I figured there is only one way I'm going to do it and keep consistency... go hard or go home- quite literally. I'm talking training each muscle group every 48 hours, cardio every day, not an hour of sleep missed- becoming an animal, or an injured one. I'm heading off to China soon and I want to come back a machine in 5 months time. This is the peak time in life to be the fittest I can... I want to see what is possible- there are only 2 choices; becoming a beast or an injured one, now or never. The way I see it, if you don't know what's possible then you'll never know.

So it's basically training every 2 days with cardio everyday no longer than 40 mins to avoid cortisol. I'm just coming into my 3rd week now and I'm happy with how it's going already. Got ****ing bad DOMS the first light workout but after 2 days rest and an explosion of high protein, diet I buckled up and very reluctantly trained on the very sore muscles. Next day the doms was already fading away which surprised me and I started at 100% intensity for the next session. Now I am not actually getting any soreness at all despite failure on every non warm up set and the increasing intensity.

Feel shitloads stronger and lifts going up more and more rapidly in what has been 6-7 workouts per muscle group. Visual improvements already, my face has lost a noticeable amount of weight and everything else is catching along. Brachiallis is filling out, forearms developing bulges at the elbow insert, can feel more roundness in deltoids. Let's put it this way, there is definitely something! Push ups feel fantastic and effortless. An absolutely truckload more energy at any time. Most of all though my endurance has gone through the roof already... running 10k in 40 mins no worries which is kind of unbelievable compared to last month. I guess that's cardio for you eh.

What I have planned and have already started doing is against the rules of most bodybuilders book but I am very much going to stay aware of any developing signs of overtraining. But you know what? I know it's very easy to say and sound ignorant but I think there is no need for most people to use that word, I think they simply aren't training intensely enough to get anywhere near it. Hey if it's not going to kill me then no problem right?

Training using just the big push, pull compounds, no bullshit isolation, failure every set, occasional drop set. Pull down/pull up, bench/incline etc. 5- 6 sets each muscle group. Warm up before by going for a quick, hard run with low rep, medium weight sets. Big emphasis on form... I've really got to count on it doing this.

As I mentioned before- 3 weeks in now and feeling good, good energy, mood, no signs of OT at all. Is there really a need to back off?

The only hope that gave me motivation to do this against the rules routine is the McMaster/Washington 36 hours recovery findings. I've got my starting pics and stats- let's see what I can do.

After all the AAS study I've done after coming across these boards and what some of the brilliant folk on here have to say, I've decided not to go on juice at this early age as ****ing up your endocrine system doesn't sound like such a good bet. I think it's the right decision. Though shit it would be easy to over in China being able to speak the language with cheap powders available over the counter!!!

Has anyone done this kind of training before and got anything to share? Any tips, discussion and pointers, motivational comments, criticism, advice much welcome.

Sorry for making you read this crazy novel but I figure here's the place to ask and learn right?

Cheers guys.
    Last edited by latitude; 08-20-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Far out I didn't even get diet in there... i'm off to bed.
    Last edited by latitude; 08-20-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by latitude View Post
    G'day guys, new here. Need your wise words.

I'm 21 and have always been the one that reads a shitload, but very soon loses consistency. I used to always do the old one muscle a week thing, thinking I was being smart to avoid over training but always became very bored with 'rest' and SEVERE doms from over-motivation on an untrained body. In fact I think my problem lies within reading too much.

Since coming out of school and sports my body shape has slowly deteriorated and I have finally tasted what it is like to be very average indeed. I don't like it and it's not me.

Anyway enough with the life story babble already...

My testosterone level at this young age is the highest it will ever be (correct?). I figured there is only one way I'm going to do it and keep consistency... go hard or go home- quite literally. I'm talking training each muscle group every 48 hours, cardio every day, not an hour of sleep missed- becoming an animal, or an injured one. I'm heading off to China soon and I want to come back a machine in 5 months time. This is the peak time in life to be the fittest I can... I want to see what is possible- there are only 2 choices; becoming a beast or an injured one, now or never. The way I see it, if you don't know what's possible then you'll never know.

So it's basically training every 2 days with cardio everyday no longer than 40 mins to avoid cortisol. I'm just coming into my 3rd week now and I'm happy with how it's going already. Got ****ing bad DOMS the first light workout but after 2 days rest and an explosion of high protein, diet I buckled up and very reluctantly trained on the very sore muscles. Next day the doms was already fading away which surprised me and I started at 100% intensity for the next session. Now I am not actually getting any soreness at all despite failure on every non warm up set and the increasing intensity, always with a focus on form!

Feel shitloads stronger and lifts going up more and more rapidly in what has been 6-7 workouts per muscle group. Visual improvements already, my face has lost a noticeable amount of weight and everything else is catching along. Brachiallis is filling out, forearms developing bulges at the elbow insert, can feel more roundness in deltoids. Push ups feel fantastic and effortless. An absolutely truckload more energy at any time. Most of all though my endurance has gone through the roof already... running 10k in 40 mins no worries which is kind of unbelievable compared to last month. I guess that's cardio for you eh.

What I have planned and have already started doing is against the rules of most bodybuilders book but I am very much going to stay aware of any developing signs of overtraining. But you know what? I know it's very easy to say and sound ignorant but I think there is no need for most people to use that word, I think they simply aren't training intensely enough to get anywhere near it. Hey if it's not going to kill me then no problem right?

Training using just the big push, pull compounds, no bullshit isolation, failure every set, occasional drop set. Pull down/pull up, bench/incline etc. 5- 6 sets each muscle group. Warm up before by going for a quick, hard run with low rep, medium weight sets.

As I mentioned before- 3 weeks in now and feeling good, good energy, mood, no signs of OT at all. Is there really a need to back off?

The only hope that gave me motivation to do this against the rules routine is the McMaster/Washington study. I've got my starting pics and stats- let's see what I can do.

After all the AAS study I've done after coming across these boards and what some of the brilliant folk on here have to say, I've decided not to go on juice at this early age as ****ing up your endocrine system doesn't sound like such a good bet. I think it's the right decision. Though shit it would be easy to over in China being able to speak the language with cheap powders available over the counter!!! Out of interest, what do people think of a low dose of lets say 100 test 12 weeks with nova pct 2 weeks? Everyone seems to be on 400-500 for a first cycle but maybe this would still be safely beneficial?

Has anyone done this kind of training before and got anything to share? Any tips, discussion and pointers, motivational comments, criticism, advice much welcome.

Sorry for making you read this crazy novel but I figure here's the place to ask and learn right?

Cheers guys.
    your over thinking this bro, you will still get shutdown from even low dosed test injections thsts why most do the basic cycle of 500mg per week....eather way your going to suffer some supression....your natty test levels are at there highest right now so why fuk it up, you have your whole life to get big...whats the hurry?....

yeah man cheers, got my mind set already not to go there but that was just out of curiosity. I tried to aim the thread more at the training i'm doing
    Last edited by latitude; 08-20-2010 at 05:04 AM.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    After skimming your post it seems like you have more than enough motivation and drive, but you are still too impatient to wait for results and that may be your downfall. I have personally trained the way you are and found myself burned up with no motivation after around 3 weeks or so when my joints hurt and i was officially overtraining. You may be able to keep up with it for a little while but why would you want to since your body will not grow under those conditions.

it's just I lose consistency if training so infrequently.

I'll see how far I get and keep updating.

Another question... how often and with what volume can one train military style exercise like push ups and sit ups?

Thread Information