rock_and_God is offline Associate Member

The Best of The Best, The Elite, The Top -Ronnie, Jay, Dexter

i am confused... watching all these videos on youtube of the best training: Ronnie, Jay, and Dexter, doesn't it seem to anyone that their form is garbage? They do half reps, sometimes even quarter reps, yet they are MONSTERS... they must be doing something right... what is it? are we wrong for doing full reps? full form?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    A lot of their techniques are poor and should never be mimicked I agree. But with that kind of radical mass, it sometimes just isn't possible to get a full stretch or ROM when compared to a guy with 16 inch arms.

With a strict diet, gear, and decades of training experience, a lot of them don't really need perfect form to make additional growth.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    A lot of their techniques are poor and should never be mimicked I agree. But with that kind of radical mass, it sometimes just isn't possible to get a full stretch or ROM when compared to a guy with 16 inch arms.

With a strict diet, gear, and decades of training experience, a lot of them don't really need perfect form to make additional growth.
    Are you saying we should throw in a month or 6 weeks program of heavier weights but not full ROM to grow? These guys are beasts. Do you think that maybe that technique got them where they are today? Did they always do this short ROM? Notice too the momentum... they lift explosively... not slow and controlled... would you recommend this?

No, I'm not advising anyone to do anything. I was stating my viewpoint on why many of the Pros don't do it by the book.

You have to do what works for you, not what works for others or what is recommended in your local fitness magazine.

Experiment and use trial and error to find what makes you grow.

No, I'm not advising anyone to do anything. I was stating my viewpoint on why many of the Pros don't do it by the book.

You have to do what works for you, not what works for others or what is recommended in your local fitness magazine.

Experiment and use trial and error to find what makes you grow.
    anything unorthodox that has worked for you? And you are saying that anything goes? all should be tried? How about the old school technique on which bodybuliding was based; 1 workout session per muscle group per week - 3 sets of 8, Are you a believer in that?

Hell yeah all should be tried. Unless you found your magic formula already, there shouldn't be a reason to not give something a chance to better yourself.

If the old school works for you, then sure. It's not the best method for my body chemistry though.

Hell yeah all should be tried. Unless you found your magic formula already, there shouldn't be a reason to not give something a chance to better yourself.

If the old school works for you, then sure. It's not the best method for my body chemistry though.
    very interesting... thank you

But you still alternate your workout every 4-6 weeks? That means you have found at least 3-4 different programs that make you grow consistently? Once you have alternated between all of them, do you come back to your first program that works for you and then restart the 3-4 different programs, or you try something new?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    But with that kind of radical mass, it sometimes just isn't possible to get a full stretch or ROM when compared to a guy with 16 inch arms.
    I think this is key.

Also, these guys have incredible genetics and don't necessarily need to do things perfectly to achieve mass like only 1 in 10k people ever could!

Quote Originally Posted by rock_and_God View Post
    But you still alternate your workout every 4-6 weeks? That means you have found at least 3-4 different programs that make you grow consistently? Once you have alternated between all of them, do you come back to your first program that works for you and then restart the 3-4 different programs, or you try something new?
    IMO, you should not pre-plan a deload. Deload when you feel it is necessary.

And as far as changing routines, only do so if you have reached a plateau and all other options failed in breaking the plateau.

IMO, you should not pre-plan a deload. Deload when you feel it is necessary.

And as far as changing routines, only do so if you have reached a plateau and all other options failed in breaking the plateau.
    (Deload?? What other options? If you are trying other options, isn't that another routine?)

Is a training log/journal a good thing to keep?

Yes training logs can be very useful if needed.

A deload is a phase or period where you reduce the intensity/volume, or others just like to completely take off. Which IMO would be a break, not a deload. It's a method used to avoid over-training, injury, and a constant beat down on your joints/ligaments.

By other options I was referring to diet, sleep schedule, volume/intensity, ect. These should all be considered before you think you have reached a plateau with your current training routine.

bigz1017 is offline New Member
    this video sums it up pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    i always thought there range of motion was cut down alot due to increase of muscle... its not like you can see a 300 pound bodybuilder move like the average joe due to increase of muscle

Quote Originally Posted by bigz1017 View Post
    this video sums it up pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvitFh8A0zI
    i watched it... simply awesome... basically in a nutshell : " what works for him, might not work 4 u... get to know your own body... that is the greatest secret and difference between a pro and amateur"

bigz1017 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_and_God View Post
    i watched it... simply awesome... basically in a nutshell : " what works for him, might not work 4 u... get to know your own body... that is the greatest secret and difference between a pro and amateur"
    yeah bro, its a great video to show to all beginners, and sometimes for a little motivation

The Trooper is offline Junior Member
    amazing video

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    yeah!!!! nothing a 55 gallon drum of synthol wont fix!!!! ten minutes to say "what works for him might not work for you"??? idiot.

Moto

Thread Information