bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member

Cardio/calories burned question

So I have a stationary bike I use pretty much every day, with it set on the easiest level I burn about 200 cal an hour.

I just was playing with this calorie burned calculator......

http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

and it says that walking at an extremely slow 2 mph burns 252 calories. Now I know it does not seem like much but every little bit helps.

But is this accurate? I would think the bike would burn more calories as the intensity level even on the lowest level is a bit higher. What am I missing here? I am barely breaking a sweat if I walked for an hour at 2mph, but on the bike I am sweating hard after and hour.

Cheetah is offline Junior Member
    One hour of intercourse will burn more calories than any other combination of sexual activity. A total of 385 calories will be burned if you and your partner can engage in coitus for 60 straight minutes.

Read more: Calories Burned Per Hour During Sex | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5431555_ca...#ixzz0xpSax4jO

What some people call jogging, others might call light running. A person might burn between about 400 and 600 calories running for one hour.

Read more: How Many Calories Are Burned in Jogging for 1 Hour? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5439029_ma...#ixzz0xpSyOkqo

To walk at 2mph for and hr to burn 252 i think i couild find more constructive ways to burn a few (read above)

latitude is offline New Member
    Far out an hour of that everyday?

Get off the bike, find a hill and go outside 3 times a week and sprint. 20 mins, high intensity, muscle building cardio!

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latitude View Post

Get off the bike, find a hill and go outside 3 times a week and sprint. 20 mins, high intensity, muscle building cardio!
    5 days a week.

I would rather take the walk with my dog like I did this morning that is why I am asking. Not too many hills around here.

But outside is not always an option unfortunately, especially from Nov-March in my area. The bike about 20 feet from where I sleep is always an option.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by latitude View Post

You keep recomending HIIT but i dont think that os the best advise considering you know nothing about the person asking the question.

HIIT will cut into recovery and unless you are using it for sport specific training i dont think it holds much value.

I used to like it untill i read some good papers etc...

Thread Information