Twin is offline Associate Member

For someone who has been working out a body part for 6 months... Does this seem right

I been working out for a year but I neglected my shoulders.. up untill 6 months ago... Anyways its been a month and I am still at 30 pounds for shoulder dumbbell press...

3 sets

10 reps... per set. and today i actually did 9 reps and 8 reps then 10 reps.. which is less than the previous week. wtf.

i hate my genetics so bad. and yes its genetics. because my family is not that strong... but is this a plateu? or for some of u guys, does it take 2 months to finally increase the weight?

and do u guys ever do like 1 less rep then last time?

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    everybody is different...I seem to add weight slowly when not ON cycle..yes sometimes I do one less rep because i'll go to the next exercise for the same muscle and just say fvck it and go to the next work out and tear it up there...you gotta get motivated and learn to use ur aggression when you lift, that helps alot!

but wait n see what other members have to say, your at the best place!

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    try swtich up the exercises. start with barbell press for a few weeks and then jump back onto the dumbbells.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    as above,change the exercise try barbell or smith machine

Cousinbutch is offline Associate Member
    Try taking a week off, I always come back stronger after a break. Just make sure to eat a ton while you're not lifting.

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    Week to Week progress is a poor measuring stick. Think 4-6 weeks.

Some body parts are going to become stagnant, you have to shock them back into a growth cycle. Change your exercises, rep, what you eat, when you train, how much you sleep, the training cycle.

Keep hitting it from different angles and don't give up. The body is a fickle whore, and she is always needing a new way of being pleased.

Thread Information