liftw8t is offline Associate Member

Tension off forearms

I've been struggling with my lifts going up because of my forearms. I feel it during bench, rows, curls especially bicep work so painful. Bench I was thinking about switch hand grip and benching like powerlifters do with wrist straight and thumbs out. Anyone have insight on this?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Lift differently and see if it helps..

I get really bad what I call "forearm splints" during certain exercises. One way that helps me is I never let go of the weight really quick. I always keep my grip tight and slowly uncurl my hands. When I let go of the weight really quickly, particularly on the preacher curl, i get a sharp pain up my forearms.

Thanks I'll have to try that

Muscledweebe is offline Junior Member
    Wow i get the same exact pain. Its at its worst wen i let go of the weight fast. I love doing the preacher curl but its so painfull, i tend to work through the pain but wat helps me alot on the curl is using the ez curl bar, rather than the straight bar. Keeps less tension on my forearm. Dont know wat it is but was definitly thinkin bout gettin it checked as it affects me wen i wanna lift heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Muscledweebe View Post
    Wow i get the same exact pain. Its at its worst wen i let go of the weight fast. I love doing the preacher curl but its so painfull, i tend to work through the pain but wat helps me alot on the curl is using the ez curl bar, rather than the straight bar. Keeps less tension on my forearm. Dont know wat it is but was definitly thinkin bout gettin it checked as it affects me wen i wanna lift heavy
    hell all the bars kill my forearms, dumbells are the only thing i can use training biceps which prevents me from doing preachers with a bar and good ole barbell curls which i was curling close to my body weight before this really became a problem

I aint recomending this but i jus work through the pain!! The worst feeling is knowing u didnt get the max from a workout, its worst then the forearm pain if u know wat i mean.

Yeah that's what I have to do, didn't know if there was a remedy

Not that i know of, but i was doing 110 lb preacher curls 4 times today and dam that was painfull. But feels good to know i up my max weight on that excersize. Any remedies ill post but ima try streching my forearm more and hopefully itll help

Thread Information