Baseball_Player85 is offline Junior Member

DC Training question???

I recently read that you should not be using DC Training if you don't have 3-5 years of training under your belt and/or you are under 26 years old. I have been training and June of 2011 will be 3 years. I also just turned 25 years old. Are these guidlines set for people who have the mental maturity to handle the training or are they set for more of a muscle maturity and a preventaitive precaution so people don't get injured training.

I am stuck and want to change up my routines. I have been taxing myself and a workout routine that has way too many sets per body part. The volume is too much.

If DC training isn't for me does anyone have another suggestion that will help me with building lean muscle and also gaining strength (i want it all).

Thanks!

5x5 training? would that be the secound best alternative?

was this a dumb question and is that why no one is answering me? I'm just trying to figure out what is the best style of training for myself (I concider myself intermediate).

any help would be appreciated.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMO you need a couple of years hard training before undertaking DC. You should be fine with the experince that have. You have made gains in size and strength so far right? I also think Dante states this due to muscle maturity and injury risk....those rest pause set could be fatal lol

Read the DC and understand it all before starting, they have a web site which has plenty of info.

5X5 is also good stuff.

hey thanks terraj!

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseball_Player85 View Post
    was this a dumb question and is that why no one is answering me? I'm just trying to figure out what is the best style of training for myself (I concider myself intermediate).

any help would be appreciated.
    I just started a new style of working out which is based on HIT (High Intensity Training).

It is hard to believe that such low amounts of sets and reps can even be called a Workout. The main idea of this program is to have very few (as low as 1 set) per muscle group with very heavy weight that will allow you to do only 4-6 reps to failure.

Let me know if you need more info.

Take care

Thread Information