GEM_69 is offline New Member

Suggestions for my Training program?

This is my Training program. I know there is alot of cardio but for what I'm training for it is required. This is what i'm currently doing, and I would assume the thing that will change is the weight when I go on my first cycle. I alternate through lifting and cross fit. I would appreciate if someone could look at it and tell me if it is good enough. Like I said keep in mind that I am training for something specific so I can take suggestion as far as weight lifting but the cross fit/ swim and cardio are taliored to what I need.

Cross fit Week

Mon- Push up workout (300-incline, 300- regular fist) 100 burpees for time

Tue- Log PT (50 up and over/2 minutes break/Extended arm 2:00) X 6 (20 curls/10 presses) X4

Wed- Back/ Abs

Thu-Rest

Fri- Legs (4 count flutter kicks- 100) X3 (100 air squats)(50 weighted 40lbs lunges)X2/ Abs

Sat- Rest

Sun- Rest

Lifting Week

Mon- Chest
    Tue- Shoulders/Bi/Tri
    Wed-Back/Abs
    Thu-Rest
    Fri-Legs/ Abs
    Sat- Rest
    Sun- Rest

Swim and Cardio program

Swimming program
    Mon- 500 meter (fins)/ 500 meter for time/ 500 meter split- breast, free, Side
    Tue-500 meter split- side (sprints)/500 meter slow
    Wed-1 mile (fins)/ 1 mile without
    Thu-Rest
    Fri-500 meter self paced
    Sat- Rest
    Sun- Rest

Running Program
    Mon- 4 mile for time (less than 32 min)
    Tue- 3 miles split interval (6 ¼ mile sprint, 2 ½ mile sprint) – (1-2 min rest in between)
    Wed- 6- 9 mile run slow paced
    Thu- 6 ¼ mile sprints
    Fri- 1 ½ mile for time
    Sat- Rest
    Sun- Rest
    Last edited by GEM_69; 09-01-2010 at 11:42 AM.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    What is your goal as to weight lifting? What do you want to achieve from lifting weights? Do you want to increase muscle mass and strenght? Or?

GEM_69 is offline New Member
    actually the main reason that I want to cycle is to be able to train harder then I am now and build the muscle memory for faster runs/swims and endurance in lifting. I've been training like this for a long time and have tweaked my training in all kinds of ways to gain the result I want and I've been at a platue for about a year and a half, so I'm looking to turn it up and blast through it. Any muscle mass that comes with that is just a plus. I plan on cycling more for muscle mass in around six years when I will no longer need that endurance.

Thread Information