GPS226 is offline Junior Member

how to develop flare on quads?

I am wondering how to add mass to the outside quadriceps..I have good size and thickness in the middle and inner portions of my quads, great glutes and hamstrings from squatting and deadlifting, but I can't seem to develop size on the outsides..any tips on how to hit this area?

put your feet together and do squats. takes a little getting used to, builds core bigtime, and hits outer head of quad.

also, don't know what they are called, but throw a barbell (50lbs or so to start) on your shoulders. balance on one leg, lift the other, and extend it outward, plant and squat on it. keep the other leg straight, and roll onto the inside of that foot as you squat down on the other leg. Then explode back up to the starting position focusing on pushing off of the squatting leg. come back to the starting position and repeat. increase weight as you can, and incorporate ankle weights as well.

nbaylot33 is offline Associate Member
    I like to do hack squats with heels together toes a little outward.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Anything where you use a close stance,8 inches or so

growing1 is offline Junior Member
    close stance. incline press or squats. You can really feel it working. I had to do these because my knee cap kept popping out (like 3 times in one year) playing football when I was younger. My doc and my trainer told me these were what I needed. It fixed that prob and creates that horizontal bulge in my thigh. The sweep that you desire is near.

Thread Information