Scottish-Muscle is offline Junior Member

A few questions!

Got a few questions, really probly self explanitory but just wondering on peoples views...

1) For cardio, currently I always follow a nice lean bulk, I stay in good shape but obviously the abs are up and down, usually quite visible but want them to be "more so" so less body fat, happy with my size at the moment just want to lower the body fat every so slightly, don't really store fat on arms or upper/lower body. Mainly just the love handles and lower stomach and a little bit under the pec so want this "tighter" over time though, doesn't need to be asap. So maybe if I add in 4 sessions of 1 hour walk before breakfast in morning? this should be ok? Other then lifting weight I have a pretty sedentary life.

2) Abs, I want bigger and blockier abs, naturally have a very small waist so abs are particularly "big" quite tall as well at 6ft 1. My stomach is small though, have full six pack but again quite small. Best idea just to keep with the big compounds deadlift, squat etc... or add in more ab exercises? maybe 20kg on chest and crunching slow and squeeze?

3) As im on prednisone at the moment I store a lot of water on it so im trying to keep carbs fairly low and protein high and fat at quite a decent amount as well. Best carb sources for non-bloat? usually use wholemeal pasta... not really a fan of oats lol.

Thanks.

IMunchRoidz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish-Muscle View Post
    Got a few questions, really probly self explanitory but just wondering on peoples views...

1) For cardio, currently I always follow a nice lean bulk, I stay in good shape but obviously the abs are up and down, usually quite visible but want them to be "more so" so less body fat, happy with my size at the moment just want to lower the body fat every so slightly, don't really store fat on arms or upper/lower body. Mainly just the love handles and lower stomach and a little bit under the pec so want this "tighter" over time though, doesn't need to be asap. So maybe if I add in 4 sessions of 1 hour walk before breakfast in morning? this should be ok? Other then lifting weight I have a pretty sedentary life. You should also be in calorie deficit if you want to lose the extra fat

2) Abs, I want bigger and blockier abs, naturally have a very small waist so abs are particularly "big" quite tall as well at 6ft 1. My stomach is small though, have full six pack but again quite small. Best idea just to keep with the big compounds deadlift, squat etc... or add in more ab exercises? maybe 20kg on chest and crunching slow and squeeze? Heavy Ab exercises

3) As im on prednisone at the moment I store a lot of water on it so im trying to keep carbs fairly low and protein high and fat at quite a decent amount as well. Best carb sources for non-bloat? usually use wholemeal pasta... not really a fan of oats lol. Yea, complex/low GI carbs usually give me far less bloat

Thanks.
    ))

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    1. HIIT cardio for optimal fat loss.
    2. Abs: Dynamics in the big lifts, variation of bridges/plank type movements, sprints ect.
    3. Agree w/ above on low GI.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish-Muscle View Post

1) For cardio, currently I always follow a nice lean bulk, I stay in good shape but obviously the abs are up and down, usually quite visible but want them to be "more so" so less body fat, happy with my size at the moment just want to lower the body fat every so slightly, don't really store fat on arms or upper/lower body. Mainly just the love handles and lower stomach and a little bit under the pec so want this "tighter" over time though, doesn't need to be asap. So maybe if I add in 4 sessions of 1 hour walk before breakfast in morning? this should be ok? Other then lifting weight I have a pretty sedentary life.

2) Abs, I want bigger and blockier abs, naturally have a very small waist so abs are particularly "big" quite tall as well at 6ft 1. My stomach is small though, have full six pack but again quite small. Best idea just to keep with the big compounds deadlift, squat etc... or add in more ab exercises? maybe 20kg on chest and crunching slow and squeeze?

3) As im on prednisone at the moment I store a lot of water on it so im trying to keep carbs fairly low and protein high and fat at quite a decent amount as well. Best carb sources for non-bloat? usually use wholemeal pasta... not really a fan of oats lol.

Thanks.
    I've been on and off predinisone for many years now with injuries and found that bumping up my fat intake does help a bit with recovery. It helps lubricate and cushion your joints to a certain extent.

Thread Information