BrysZ is offline Associate Member

Heavy Bag = Cardio?????

Okay I really need to get back on track with my cardio, but I HATE cardio so I was thinking of trying a heavy bag and working on that in my garage. What I am looking for is some feedback from guys who have used heavy bags before and whether or not it is effective for cardio...any other informtion would be great also...thanks

bruary17 is offline Member
    I have a heavy bag in my basement that I use specfically for cardio. It changes it up from the horrable mundane treadmill and elliptical. It's fun 'cause you can practice diff combos and as long as you keep you heart rate up...it's good cardio.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would only recommend this if you use lower body as well.

I hate cardio too and when I seriously needed to start I joined a tae-kwon-do class, sparring sure got the cardio I was interested in, punching people in the chest and dodging kicks to the head is certainly more exciting than a tread mill.

bruary17 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I would only recommend this if you use lower body as well.

I hate cardio too and when I seriously needed to start I joined a tae-kwon-do class, sparring sure got the cardio I was interested in, punching people in the chest and dodging kicks to the head is certainly more exciting than a tread mill.
    Yes! Or jiu jitsu.....awesome cardio and so much fun!

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you go this route...I suggest you get a round timer. You can pick one up from most sports stores that sell boxing/mma gear. Set up for 9 rounds at 3 minutes with a 1 minute rest and go to work on it. Guaranteed you will have a great cardio workout in pain.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrysZ View Post
    Okay I really need to get back on track with my cardio, but I HATE cardio so I was thinking of trying a heavy bag and working on that in my garage. What I am looking for is some feedback from guys who have used heavy bags before and whether or not it is effective for cardio...any other informtion would be great also...thanks
    Heavy bag is an insane form of cardio..Use burst training to keep heart rate up,especially if you can throw in kicks..Keep the jumprope next to the bag for alternation..I dont have heavy bag anymore but I sure miss it....

Thread Information