Thread: ab workout

nelly is offline Junior Member

ab workout

It may sound silly, but does anyone have a good ab routine they can share? Also what bf% is needed to start seeing abs? And how often do you do them? Mine is 14% and I can somewhat see the top portion.

blueb is offline New Member
    In my exp, best for abs has been hanging leg raises and decline crunch, all I do currently. I work abs 4x week. You should see definition around 12%, but varies by individual.

nelly is offline Junior Member
    thanks I try it.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i know it's kinda lame, but for starting out the p90x ab routine will get your ab muscles in shape. then you can start your own routine.

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    doing lots of abb workouts isnt really gonna burn fat on the stomach, but as the muscle grows it will show through better.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    abs are like anyother muscle group and shouldnt be done x4 pw, once every 5days would be my maximum

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueb View Post
    In my exp, best for abs has been hanging leg raises and decline crunch, all I do currently. I work abs 4x week. You should see definition around 12%, but varies by individual.
    Careful with the decline crunches or at least hanging decline crunches. I ruptured L5 doing those on an inversion table.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most people I have talked to who have GOOD abs say they do almost NO sit ups. They say most is from Dead lifts..

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Most people I have talked to who have GOOD abs say they do almost NO sit ups. They say most is from Dead lifts..
    sit ups make good hip flexors,not good abs imo..

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by nath78 View Post
    sit ups make good hip flexors,not good abs imo..
    agreed. gotta be careful with those as they'll tighten your hip flexors.

Stephen73ta is offline Associate Member
    The weighted ab crunch with the straps on a free motion machine works really well on the top 4. Do hanging leg raises for the rest. I'm at 12% and only have a 6 pack on an empty stomach.. sucks!

V-ROID is offline Member
    I had a ABS OF STEEL video about 15 years back. I did it for 6 months and my midsection was almost as big as my chest. It was a cardio workout in itself. BUT... I have a good friend who went to college on a gymnastic scholarship who has the GREATEST abs. He does only 1 ab specific exercise. It is called V-Ups. Damn.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv_KS...eature=related
    Start slow to get form down and eventually you will almost jump off the ground when you do a quick 50 reps... Yah right!

The_Irish_Dave is offline Junior Member
    I've tried nearly all the ab exercises out there. I even got a pair of those gravity boot things and tried upside down crunches. Nothing gives me a better ab workout than hanging leg raises though. I use a weight on my feet now for added resistance. The next day you feel it for sure. Your whole front is sore from them. No other exercise does that as far as I'm concerned. I mean straight legged raises now not knee ups. You can bring your legs up as high as you can too to really feel the crunch. They also work your back and sides. Number 1 in my book anyway.

Thread Information