Ripples is offline New Member

Chest and Shoulders

Just curious what your thoughts are on working out both chest and shoulders in one day. I find that when I start with chest, my shoulders tend to get worked out, so when I start my shoulders, the weight is lighter than if I were to start with shoulders.

So my concern is that because of the lighter weight for shoulders, they wont grow as much. Should I start with shoulders then chest? Then again, my chest will suffer... so should I seperate the two?

I googled this topic and a lot of people say dont work them both and others say you should.

What are your thoughts?

Ripples is offline New Member
    Edit: I should note that I have a tight schedule and I can only work out 3 times a week.

Muscledweebe is offline Junior Member
    I Would seperate your cheast and shoulder workout, maybe do something like chest n tri's one day, next day do back n bi's then do shoulders, traps n abs. You should really try to squeeze in another day to work ur lower body as well

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    I have seen them together in a routine and wouldn't recommend it personally. I have done shoulders on leg day, deadlift day, etc and it worked out okay...

sleggio is offline New Member
    Do shoulders on leg day. This way they'll get proper attention (do them before legs otherwise you'll be too gassed to train them intensely)

Thread Information