Bigdog99 is offline Member

Bad Knees?? Say you can't do legs?? Here is a tip

Ok. Been lifting forever....played football etc etc....getting older....knees were starting to ache. Had to stop squating and leg presses b/c knees ached all th time and made noises walking up/down stairs and made loud clicking sounds. Anyway a guy that lifts in my gym told me to do leg press with your feet HIGH on the leg press platform so that your toes hang over the top about a inch or so. This keeps your knees at a bent at a lesser angle so I guess they don't get as much pressure on them. Anyway....started doing it like this about 6 weeks ago and My knees don't hurt at all! Even when going very heavy (close to 1K lbs for 10 reps). Anyway wanted to share. Give it a try! Hope this helps someone out there.

Bigdog99 is offline Member
    Anyone have any tips to help the knees when squating? I wrap them and my form is good, but it is not enough. I'd like to start squating again

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    I've put my feet high on the leg press just as you said in the past and really enjoyed them but only do it under 500. I still squat but can get my form right since a back injury last year and am forced to go light myself between the knees and back.

growing1 is offline Junior Member
    I was always told to put a dime (10 lb weight) under your heel. Idk why but it also helps to keep you up on your toes. Better balance is all I can think of.

Thread Information