poppz is offline Senior Member

workout for mass gain

I workout chest and shoulders. With a 6-7reps .5 or 6 sets.I feel tight after workout but no burn. Are my muscles use to the workout and doesn't burn or I need to add more weight?also is the burning feeling needed to gain mass?

Skyler is offline I thought I knew it all...WRONG!
    Mass is a result of fast twitch fiber (white muscle fiber) stimulation. If you are doing more than 12 reps you are using slow twitch fibers. 6-12 reps works fast twitch A fibers. Less than 6 reps works fast twitch B fibers. Fast twitch fibers are stimulated by using heavy weight for explosive reps (but controlled) reps. Fast twitch fibers are high power, low endurance fibers, that need more time to recover. This means you need to keep your workouts at a very high intensity level, using heavy weight, with explosive speed, for 6-12 reps, lasting no longer than 45 minutes to an hour. They also need plenty of rest time, so don't work any muscle group any more often than once a week at most. Super slow reps, high reps, frequent workouts (of the same muscle group), etc all stimulate slow twitch fibers, which definitely has its benefits, but is not ideal for mass gain.

poppz is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    You need to have a surplus of about 700 calories a day above your daily calorie intake and follow Ronnie's workout routine posted here on the forums...

Thread Information