grappler11 is offline New Member

How to get a kung fu Grip?

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to strengthen and gain more stamina in my grip? Do those squeeze things from the 80's work? Any help is appreciated because I have a girlie grip. And yes I know where the jokes are going, but I will take the flak for help on this!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    the 80's things, tennis ball?, walk with dumbells....just guessin those would have to help

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    lol id say bye practicing disciplines of kung fu that specialize in strengthning of the tendons and hands. Shaolin kung fu has conditioning techniques such as leapord fist that focus on grip and squeezing techniques used along with breathing. Its not something you could just go do because you wanted a stronger grip it kindof falls into the whole discipiline.

X83
    X83 is offline Member
    masterbate

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I trained with a guy and bounced with him, who drove his fingers into the ground on a football field for hand strengh. Scary strong guy, funny watching him bounce guys, folding them into odd shapes.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Farmer's walk. It may go by another term but google it you'll see what I am talking about. One of my favorite exercises because it works so many muscles and is hard as they come.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par15.htm

Welcome ! good luck mate.

fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member
    Try Captains of Crush hand grippers. The trick with them is your not just squeezing it. Your trying to make the handles actually touch which is much harder than you might think. I got one awhile back and when I used it for awhile I could tell a difference. That and just lifting heavy stuff all the time helps too lol

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Wrist Curls
    Sit on a bench with your forearms lying on top of your thighs and holding a barbell with an underhand grip. Bend your forward so that the bar is resting on your fingers. Curl the bar up by flexing your wrists as high as you can. Reverse the movement to lower the bar.
    Spotter Information:
    A spotter can stand in front of the individual and spot at the hands.

Standing Wrist Curls
    Grab a barbell from behind you by reaching your arms back and using a underhand grip. Have your arms hang with barbell behind you and the bar resting in your fingers. Curl the bar up by flexing your wrists as high as you can. Reverse the movement to lower the bar.

Wrist Extensions
    Sit on a bench with your forearms lying on top of your thighs and holding a barbell with an overhand grip. Bend your forward so that the bar is resting on your fingers. Curl the bar up by flexing your wrists as high as you can. Reverse the movement to lower the bar.

Also, put up a board of MDF or regular inch thick pine on wall of garage, get yourself a philips screw driver and packet of screws and screw the screws in and out for half hour every day. I also like to get old axe handle and rope and tie it through a hole on middle of axe, tie off other end with a DB and twist un and down. You'll be crushing hands every hand shake in 6 months.

xXthehulkXx is offline Associate Member
    like fatty pants said. captains of crush are awesome. i'm training with level 2 right now. they start from 60lbs resistance, the easiest, to 365lbs resistance, the hardest. start with #1 and go up when you need to. i got mine at ironmind.

grappler11 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. The captains of crush trainers look awesome. Ordered level 1 and 2 tonight!

Thread Information