caindey is offline New Member

changes wanted asap...

...hello guys!

first post so bear with me. Not sure if im in the right place with this post but im trying.
    Been on an off gym for a couple of years. And i seem to always fall down the same hole, and need to work my way back up again..and again..

what i really would like is some guidance and help to get started (again), but only properly this time. talked to some of my mates, who are pretty decent size and done this for a while, but even they cant give me one similar answer..bloody annoying really. looking to lose body fat, and gain mass..as much as possible tbh(who doesnt!).
    So im open to everything, as i kinda start from scratch again. So lets just say i got no current routines to think of or anything.

as some background facts, i was very active last year, and heard that i apparantly gained some nice size after trying prohormones, but me personally think i could do lots better, and get better results in shorter time, with proper routines and guidance.

Height: 5'11
    Weight: aprox 14st atm
    BF: was 17% couple of months ago

other activities is american fooball, linebacker. I kinda set my goal, and ofc would hope to reach it before summer, but when being reasonable i highly doubt it! lol. for those of yous that have heard of clay matthews, thats the size id like to reach..at first.. which also includes being fit enough to do a 40yard dash in less than 5sec.

...i talk to much.. really hope you guys got some interesting stuff and feedback to add here, and lots of answers. Atleast good ones..lol..

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    First you need a diet. 80% of gains or loses came from diet. You need to master and find out how your body respond from everything you eat. That take years. Good routine at gym, lot water and good nights sleep.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    How many days are you able to work out? Would you like a 3,4, or 5 day split?

caindey is offline New Member
    yes i know that diet got such a big impact on progress, and all that, and atm its something im working on almost more concerned about a good nights sleep..lol.. but what im looking for is a good and nice work out routine. im kinda tired of all them half thought thru routines you can find all over the place and ppl 'recommend' all the time. Im tired of wasting time and only gain 50% when i cud have gained 100%, if yous know what i mean.

@stack_it - im free to work out whenever. whatever day of the week.

M: Chest/Bi's
    T: Shoulders/Tris/Traps
    W: off
    T: Back
    F: Legs
    weekend off

that's what my week looks like but depending on your goals everyone is different.

Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer187 View Post
    M: Chest/Bi's
    T: Shoulders/Tris/Traps
    W: off
    T: Back
    F: Legs
    weekend off

that's what my week looks like but depending on your goals everyone is different.
    I won't hijack the thread here but don't you think doing shoulders and tris following chest is hindering your workout considering tris are hit as a secondary with chest?

Caindey here's something to start out with. It will get you on the right track and acclimate your body and joints to the weights again.

Monday: legs
    Squat: 4 sets 8-10
    Leg press: 3 sets 8-10
    Weighted lunges: 3 sets 8-10
    Leg extensions: 3 sets 12

Tuesday: chest/tris
    Incline press: 4 sets 8-10
    Flat press: 3 sets 8-10
    Dumbbell flies: 3 sets 12 superset with pushups to failure.
    Skull crushers: 3 sets 8-10
    Overhead tri extension: 3 sets 8-10

Wednesday: off

Thursday: shoulders
    Overhead press: 4 sets 8-10
    Arnold press: 3 sets 8-10
    Front raises: 3 sets 8
    Lat raises: 3 sets 8
    Shrugs: 3 sets 12

Friday: back/bi
    Wide grip pullups: 5 sets of 10 or till failure if 10 can't be done.
    Deads: 3 sets 8-10
    Low row: 3 sets 8-10
    Lat pull down: 3 sets 12
    Alt dumbbell curl: 3 sets of 10
    Hammer curl: 3 sets of 10

not at all, been doin it like this for years.

Thread Information