View Poll Results: How long is your average workout?

Voters
619. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 minutes or less

10 1.62%
  • 30 to 60 minutes

180 29.08%
  • 1 to 1.5 hours

285 46.04%
  • 1.5 to 2 hours

110 17.77%
  • 2 hours or more

34 5.49%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I like my set up it works pretty well for me so far.

I lift 4 days a week for normally about an hour. I have certain lifts I like and certain muscles i like to work more than others do and also weakness i'm forced to work more than others.

I have awesome biceps and weak ass tri's so i always spend a bit more time on my tri's.

I've always loved to work my chest and shoulders so normally i spend more time working them.

I do cardo 4 times a week, in the AM and lift in the afternoon hours.

I have though about changing my leg work out to Monday and then doing cardo Fri-Sun that way my legs won't be sore when I’m trying to jog, feels like I’m jogging on tree stumps.

Sometimes though I do feel lazy, because I’m only lifting 4-6 hours a week and taking in 4000+ calories. But I guess that’s the best thing to do, just don't seem right sometimes.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    How many hours in the gym.. Hmm I'd say about 40-60 mins on avg. I like to jump rope then sprints then hit the weights. Oh and I hate when people stand around and bs!! I am at the gym to get faster, stronger, better.. Not talk about who did what and when.. I am all business in the gym!

Bodymax is offline New Member
    About 1 hour.

Black Stang is offline Associate Member
    It takes me about 1 - 1.5 HR in the gym counting cardio. I work out alone now though, and find it is a better work out. If I need a spotter, I get one. I used to have 2 work out parters. It was cool to hang out, but it got to be just that. Hanging out talking sports. Lost focus. It used to take almost 3 hours that way. I try to keep it moving nowdays.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    45 mins 4 times a week..HIT HARD AND LET IT GROW...

senor_gato is offline Junior Member

about an hour

10 minute jog and about 45 minutes to an hour doing weights.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    1 hour to 1.5 hours..not a minute longer..i do my talking outside the gym

Go hard or go home

toolegit is offline New Member
    An hour and fifteen to an hour and half is about max for me. Anything more than that and I feel like I am just wasting my time.

dino2 is offline Junior Member

1 h max

I always try to workout 30 to 60 min.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member

Smile

Training time depends on alot of things. If your juicing. then go for it. You can train alot longer when juicing then you can when your not. If your training naturally,then I would say,keep your workouts to 45mins. to 1 hr.But remember one thing,you can still train just as intensly naturally as you can juicing. Just keep it short and to the point

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Re: How long is your average workout?

I usually lift for 50 minutes to an hour and 15 minutes, 4 times a week, and then do cardio for 25 minutes 3 times a week. (no cardio on leg day)

acuraman is offline New Member
    My workouts vary between 45 minutes to 70minutes never any longer than that.

Socio is offline Associate Member
    Personally im not too concerned with training time , ihave to be different from everyone here I train each set and rep with full intensity and sometimes need a little longer rest between sets depending on many factrs including How much carbs ive had that day, how much sleep ive had, how many no doz (caffiene tabs) ive had (lol), stress levels , if i worked that day etc.
    So i dont like to try another set unless im ready to give it my all and as you guys know squats , deads and heavy benches takes some mental preperation first im not going ot leave the gym till ive finished my work out so i normally train for 1-1.5 hrs i dont look at the clock to be honest then i do my 20mins cardio .....
    so almost 2 hrs in the gym for (besides im ALWAYS waiting for the smith machine)
    Funilly enough i can never get a bench when i need one but i can always go straight to the squat rack on leg day and its always free lol!

mopar_13 is offline New Member
    It takes me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours in the gym with two other people. were done before people who are in there already. We train hard, It seems evreyone now a days use the gym more for a hangout then a gym.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

I agree with ya Mopar....

Originally posted by mopar_13
    It takes me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours in the gym with two other people. were done before people who are in there already. We train hard, It seems evreyone now a days use the gym more for a hangout then a gym.
    Many times I am in and out before most of the people already there at the gym when I arrive have finished. I know of 3 or 4 guys who use the gym more to hide out after work from their wives and kids, than to workout.

GhostFace is offline Junior Member
    45-60 minutes...after that all the energy seems to be have gone lost into my work out.

I can´t understand how people can last 1 hr or more in the gym?? Do u guys/gals actually work out or chat with friends in between the sets?

Core is offline Junior Member
    2 hours - 3 days a week - 1/2 on the bench, 15 bi, 15 tri, 15 back, 20 legs, 20 abs

I've tried several routines for a long time and this works best for me. I've been doing this routine for a while and I'm very happy with the results. I've had several people in the gym start following my routine because they were impressed with the results.

G-S Guest
    For awhile I was only able to work out 3 days per week, so I was doing 2 bodyparts per day... Back/Bi's, Chest/Tri's, and Legs/Shoulders...

Any given day I would be in the gym for close to 2 hours. Now that I have split it up, I can be in and out in 45min to 55min, depending on what bodypart I am training.

DirkDiggs is offline Junior Member
    Depends what I am lifting but on avg. 1.5 hours-2hrs

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    i workout 1 hour to 1 1/2. I have rule at the gym this is only place that ucan not think about women that means look even. So i do no bullshitting all lifting. I do workout with a partner so it not me just lifting for 1.5 hour. I hate when this friend i know from the bars come up to me and try to talk to me and will not leave so some time i jsut walk off and get on a new machine and he ussually gets the hint. Ohh ya i workout cardio in the morning so that about 30 mins now. 15 min fast walking, 15 min bike

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    on average

about 45-65 minutes

depends what muscle group im working

Big Show 23 Guest
    I workout for about 30-45 minutes depending on the day. I follow the philosophy of "Hit It Hard and Hit It Fast"

justme is offline Associate Member
    I include cardio in my work out 30-45 minutes on a weight day and 1 hour on a day when don't do any weights.

the weight portions of my work out is about 45 minutes to an hour.

THEGAME187 is offline Associate Member
    When i am in a rush i always get my best pumps in about 40 min or so, On back day im there for atleast an 1hr and 15 cause there is many elements i think that should be hit!

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    I stay in the gym about two hours a day!

and could stay longer!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Right now I train every day, 7 part split. Workouts are always under a half hour. Sometimes I train at work, sometimes at home. I never go to a gym anymore. Too many bozos, and ya gotta pay. Plus you gotta wear clothes. I hate that. And most gyms aren't 24 hours. My living room / gym is.

MO abs (15 minutes tops)
    TU delts and traps with some tri-sets some times.
    WE upper back
    TH chest
    FR thighs, glutes, lower back(sometimes this one goes slightly over the half hour)
    SA forearms and calves
    SU upper arms, supersetting.

If I go back to a more normal 3 part split, my sessions will probably be close to an hour. As it is now, it would suck to spend longer walking to the gym than being in the gym. I just like training alone, and I enjoy short sessions.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    This is the pole that never dies. Every new member will vote and it will continue for EVER!

Lady Viking is offline Female Member
    10-20 minutes warm-up and about an hour lifting

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    where is the 4 hour box????

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    45-60 min....no more, no less...you have to have a plan of attack and go to town once you walk in those doors.

45 min to 1 hour works great for me . I go crazy intense

Nathan5252 is offline New Member
    depending on what body part anywhere in between 1 and 2 1/2 hours ill spend there

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    I never pay attention to how long my workout takes me, it finishes when it finishes by it's probably within an hour time frame.

babi is offline Associate Member
    45-75 dep on what i am doing that day

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    never more than an hour.....2 body parts......cardio not inlcluded....no fkn socializing going on when i hit the gym....work out alone, grab a spotter when i feel i need it....but as the saying goes, "either you lift it or you dont!!"

shorty2big is offline Member
    usually 45min-75min

JP1
    JP1 is offline Junior Member
    30-45 minutes, do your bussiness and get out......

pcity is offline Junior Member
    It usually takes me 1.5 hours in the gym,but for some reason on shoulder,trap,and triceps it takes mean 2 hours. After so many weeks of training i switch routines.

the next big thing is offline Junior Member
    hi
    i do an hour of abs every morning and do the heavy stuff at night about 2 hours at night i am 5ft 8inches 220pounds and ripped so training twice a day works for me and of course eating the propper food makes all the diffrence plus i sleep for 3hours in the afternoon and like to try and get 10hours at night whitch is not always possible.
    joe
    no picks on a strong man.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    aim for an hour but if not no more than 1 and fifteen mintues
    only time i'll find myself in there longer than that is when buddy besides me what to give him a spot. but since i wear headphones now no one bugs me, if i cant hear no conversation wit a next man. thats something i cant understand i go to the gym to workout not make friends, but people seem to go to the gym to have "fun"!!! Fun Come on!! go play on the monkey bars

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information