nav13 is offline Junior Member

working out and cycles

weight: 186
    height: 5'10"
    bf: 12% maybe less

Ok I am planning on going on to a 12 week cycle of straight test E dosing 500mg a week. I am looking for guidance as to how I should change up my work outs or if I should at all. I have lifted weights since I was 16 and am very experienced. Since I can incorporate almost any exercise into my routine I'll just give you an idea of what I do in the gym.

For every body part I will usually do 3-4 exercises. Example: for chest: BB flat bench, DB incline, DB flies, push ups. I will go heavy doing 5 sets for 6 reps each exercise adjusting weight as needed. This will last for 3-4 weeks depending on how I am feeling. Then I will switch it up and do lighter weight of 3 sets for 12-15 reps each exercise. I do that for 3-4 weeks then go back to the previous heavy set.

actual workout schedule

mon: off
    tues: chest/back/core
    wed: off
    thurs: legs/shoulders/core
    fri: off
    sat tris/bis/core
    sun: off
    mon:chest/back/abs

so basically I go to the gym every other day. I will usually do cardio in the am on an empty stomach either on days I work out or days I'm off. But I always get 4 days of cardio a week of 45min - 1hr.

In regards to taking a cycle I am not sure how I should adjust my volume. I mean you always hear you can hit the gym harder and longer due to the decrease the muscle takes to repair. So is this actually true and I should start hitting each body part twice a week and leave 1 day for rest? something like.....

Mon: chest/back/core
    Tues: legs/shoulders
    Wed: bis/tris/core
    Thurs: off
    Fri: chest/back/core
    Sat: legs/shoulders
    Sun: bis/tris/core
    Mon: off

I am just curious what volume I should use in regards to me lifting on a cycle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shroud83 is offline Junior Member
    All the principles of bodybuilding still apply when on a cycle, if anything you should just be training more intensely. Specifically, the workouts should be kept short, heavy, and difficult, with fairly short rest times. (Rest times between sets in the 1 minute range will activate more natural HGH, in the 3 minute range more Test.) Working out for longer than 45 minutes will start to increase cortisol levels and hurt your gains. If you are working out for longer than 45 minutes then you are not training hard enough or you are training too many body parts on a single day (meaning you are probably also over-training, since you really should be working each body part once per week. When I hit the gym, my trainer kicks my ass and I've got a pump within the first set or two and I'm nearly spent 20 minutes in. Push through for a full 30 minute workout and I'm done. Plenty of time for 12-16 sets on a single muscle group which should be more than enough if you're keeping the rest time short and the weight heavy.

Now, that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Corpsman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkhusten View Post
    My workout of choice has always been running. For that matter, I am really not a swimmer, either! My doctor suggested that I use my time off from my foot to do some laps at the local pool. Since it takes 24 laps to go even a quarter mile, I couldn't see myself getting into shape swimming 1/16 of a mile a day.My injury requires me to stay off my foot for the most part. Originally, I was diagnosed with a stress fracture. But after 3 X-rays and an MRI, we've discovered fluid and swelling in several toe joints. It hurts to walk on the treadmill, but I can ride without pain.In hopes that I will be running again in a month or so, I opted for a less expensive bicycle trainer. I am not a bicyclist. I enjoy running, and can do so for anywhere from 1-3 hours. On my trainer, I try to make it at least 30 minutes. Don't let that fool you, however. I am not wimping out!the biggest drawback of switching from running to biking is a sore rear! But that would have been the case outdoors, regardless. Plus, I can't help but think that a little bit of pain is good.

http://www.medicinenet.com/tuberculosis/article.htm
    http://www.simple-remedies.com/home-...is-causes.html
    http://www.humanillnesses.com/Infect...erculosis.html
    What the hell does that have to do with anything?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Amazing off topic first post, epic

savking is offline Junior Member
    hitting chest shoulders and the tris in three consecutive days isnt a good idea imo.
    They are all a part of the same muscle group and might not recover propperly between sessions.
    Same goes with legs and back to an extent - only concerning lower back and hammys if you are doing movements such as squats and deads

Thread Information