2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member

Anyone train muscle groups more than once a week?

Was just curious as to what peoples techniques are for training a specific or all muscle groups more than once a week. Im more thinking for when on a cycle, to take advantage of the repair time and ability. I was thinking for my upcoming cycle to train all muscle groups from monday to thursday then perhaps on friday do a whole body workout of sorts, then rest saturday and sunday. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks bros.
    Last edited by 2jz_calgary; 01-26-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: spelling

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    depends on volume, cal intake, sleep .....

Best gains I've made were on a split that hit everything 2x per week.

I would not change right before cycle, I would run the split to see how it worked for me first.

Depends on your diet and workout intensity. Im able to train all muscle exept legs twice a week as long as my protien intake is high.

drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    monday wensday friday sunday tuesday thrusday saturday and so on this is my training setup so far

lower body and back mondays
    wensdays upper body
    friday upper body
    sunday lower and back
    tuesday upper body
    thursdays lower and back
    saturdays upper
    mondays lower and back
    then it starts all over

idk maybe its just me i like to do my back on leg days im able to put that much more into it vs on my upper body days

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I'm Starting to do muscle groups more than once a week. Legs will be hit twice a week and all other body parts will be hit on average 1.5 times per week with no "arm days". Will be doing this for 8-10 weeks or so while on cycle and consuming a surplus of calories. I'm kinda excited to see what kind of gains come my way! :-)

2jz_calgary is offline Senior Member
    thanks for all the imput guys, i may dabble with working muscles twice a week on cycle. I hurt a tendon in my arm a while back and was training legs twice a week for a while, was goin pretty well. I think for my genetics anyhow that training twice a week will be a on cycle thing only.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I have never figured out why people get into the mindset that everything needs to fit into "a week". It's nothing more than a 7 day period of time. The thinking of, "should it be once a week or twice a week" is inheritantly flawed from the beginning. What about working each muscle every 4th, 5th or even 6th day if once a week doesnt seem like enough. There is no rule that states chest day must fall on Monday.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    I have never figured out why people get into the mindset that everything needs to fit into "a week". It's nothing more than a 7 day period of time. The thinking of, "should it be once a week or twice a week" is inheritantly flawed from the beginning. What about working each muscle every 4th, 5th or even 6th day if once a week doesnt seem like enough. There is no rule that states chest day must fall on Monday.
    ....but every gym I've ever been into on a Monday must have a rule somewhere that says "everybody needs to do chest on Mondays".

^^Exactly why I do back on mondays and chest on tuesdays!

clayton2127 is offline Junior Member
    How in the world can you hit everything twice a week and still get rest? i would like tio know because id like to try lol

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    I've thought of this before too, it's nice to hear someone verbally articulate it though, however, right now my chest day is Mon lol

anabolics1 is offline New Member
    I train chest Monday and Thursday cuz my chest lacks

^^Perfect example of the point I was trying to make. So it needs 2 days to recover from one workout and 3 days to recover from the other one? Or is it just cause it fits into "a week".

Thread Information