Twin is offline Associate Member

I need to change it up. My arms stopped growing. What is a good arm routine?

arms didnt grow much from september. i believe its time to change it up...

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3451/depressedm.jpg

my routine was

* 3 sets of preacher curls(seated) with ez bar
    * 3 sets of standing dumbbell curls
    * 4 sets of weighted chin-ups with belt
    * 3 sets of tricep pull downs
    * 3 sets of weighted tricep dips
    * 3 sets of skull crushers supersetted with close-grip bench press

I workout alone so its a pain to do the weighted tricep dips(i use 2 benches to do this while putting the plates on my self.. im up to, two 45 lb plates on me...)

so i'd like to remove this from my workout if possible, and replace it with some other exercise that hits it in the same area as those tricep dips...

I also always hit my biceps before triceps. but im going to do triceps before biceps now(most of the time) since triceps are a bigger muscle than biceps. etc.
    Last edited by Twin; 03-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like super setting bi's and tri's together. You could try that. At least maybe every other week. I would lose that superset at the end of your tricep routine. Pick one and go to failure. And weighted chin-ups is to much of a back movement. If you're having trouble getting your biceps to grow pick an exercise that hits them directly like a barbell curl.

Twin is offline Associate Member
    thanks. I'll start super setting the bi's and tris. every other week. and remove the close gripped bench to failure superset..

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    From looking at your picture would say your arms will grow when you start eating more.

pebble is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    From looking at your picture would say your arms will grow when you start eating more.
    Yes. Looks like you just need to get bigger all over. Stop working about your arms and focus on the big lifts. As you add muscle all over your body your arms will start to fill out.

djmikecollins is offline New Member
    you will grow from food intake, you have to adjust your diet as you get bigger. That being said...I would suggest close grip bench to replace your dips, since you mentioned that. Though dips are pretty awesome IMO. Not sure what your doing in the rep range but try changing things up by doing heavier weights and in the 6-8 ranges. Your workout looks decent just a bit basic.

Thread Information