Thread: So i am new

Daboss is offline New Member

So i am new

I am just getting into the new life swing of getting into shape and it is long overdue. I wanted to get some opinions from the experts here in the forums about where I should start. I have watched the 6 part video secrets of the pro's it was very informative and I have developed a meal plan I think will work.

A little about me:

I am 29 year old Male
    6'5"
    33.6% Body fat
    36.6 BMI

I know damn!

So I am looking to start shredding the pounds of fat I have to give. I read a post by phate about empty stomach cardio in the morning and have decided to go with the following:

8:00 AM morning drink 2 tsp glutamine, 1 3/4 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp beta alanine,
    8:50 AM BCAA Drink 2 scoops in 12 oz cold water
    9:00 AM Workout 124 bpm heart rate - 30 minute resistance 30 minute cardio
    10:00 AM Shake & Pill 2 scoops whey with 12 oz water
    12:00pm Subway Subway triple meat roasted chicken breast salad
    2:00pm Fish 1 package 4 oz
    4:00 PM Whey 2 scoops whey with 12 oz water
    6:00 PM Beef Beef, round, eye of round roast, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/8" fat, select, cooked, roasted 4 oz
    8:00pm Cottage cheese 1% low fat 12oz or .75 pound
    10:00pm Turkey .5 lb turkey

I figured 30 minutes of resistance and then 30 of cardio would be ideal whilst staying in my prime aerobic state of 124 BPM HR.

Just wanted to get some advice as to what type of cardio I should do or resistance or if I am just completely on the wrong path.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    You have a good base going with your diet and workout structure. As far as resistance routine how many days of the week can you devote?

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Your diet need improvement, you going into starvation mode and will loose a lot of muscle, you need more protein in your diet to keep your muscle up, less fat and carbs its possible, so if you eating a lot and working a lot, your body will turn fat in energy. Look in diet section for exemplary diet, maybe you find one thats fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    Your diet need improvement, you going into starvation mode and will loose a lot of muscle, you need more protein in your diet to keep your muscle up, less fat and carbs its possible, so if you eating a lot and working a lot, your body will turn fat in energy. Look in diet section for exemplary diet, maybe you find one thats fit you.

The totals for my meal plan are as follows based upon Milo Sarcev's videos posted in the forums:

8 meals a day 39g protein per meal based on my weight 1g protein per lb and 50-100g carbs

Daily intake:

Protein:289g
    Carbs:63g
    Fat:53g
    Calories:1939

Does this appear to be a decent meal plan for me?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBuck6 View Post
    You have a good base going with your diet and workout structure. As far as resistance routine how many days of the week can you devote?
    I am planning on devoting 5 days a week right now to start out. Sound good?

pstacks is offline Associate Member
    Good for you man, good luck and stay committed. Keep us updated with your progress. You should post the diet up in the diet section and you will get some great feedback. I don't know enough about cutting that kind of weight to comment on your macros.

5 days a week is a good commitment. You may want to consider increasing the volume of weight training a little bit eventually as you really get into the swing of things, if your goal is to build quality muscle while you burn fat.

And if that is the case, you should post up your proposed workout and schedule so we can help with it.

Thanks for the info I will post in the diet section. I was reading through the forums and noticed people asking for macros and I was wondering what they are and if there is a sticky explain how they want them arranged for easy reading. I will try to search and find the answer but if anyone knows off the top of their head that would be great.

nav13 is offline Junior Member
    macros are the calories / carbs / proteins / fats that are in all the food we eat. They would just like a list of what each item contains so they can better break down how to advise you on your diet. As far as your diet goes it needs some work. I'll try and give you some advice on how you can make it look a little better. I'm no expert but I know a little at least it will get you started on the right track diet wise.

8:00 AM morning drink 2 tsp glutamine, 1 3/4 cup egg whites, 1/2 tsp beta alanine, Add 1/2 a cup of plain oatmeal in there for carbs

8:50 AM BCAA Drink 2 scoops in 12 oz cold water

9:00 AM Workout 124 bpm heart rate - 30 minute resistance 30 minute cardio try to do at least 40 min cardio since it is low intensity

10:00 AM Shake & Pill 2 scoops whey with 12 oz water guessing this is post work out so you definitely need some good carbs in here some brown rice or oatmeal.

12:00pm Subway Subway triple meat roasted chicken breast salad might be decent for you but some lean meat, carbs, and green veggies would be better

2:00pm Fish 1 package 4 oz throw some green veggies in too

4:00 PM Whey 2 scoops whey with 12 oz water replace shake with real food. Whey is really only worth it after work out

6:00 PM Beef Beef, round, eye of round roast, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/8" fat, select, cooked, roasted 4 oz add some green veggies in there

8:00pm Cottage cheese 1% low fat 12oz or .75 pound good

10:00pm Turkey .5 lb turkey good

Sparky06 is offline New Member
    Since you you goals are focused fat loss, I suggest
    Reading Burn the fat feed Feed the muscle by Tom venuto. I lost over fifty
    Pounds of fat and actually increased my LBM by a couple pounds in the
    Process. Google him or the book.

This is going to be a dead post, but for those of you who have already helped me out here is a link to my main post now in the forums, I am two days into week 2 and keeping good records. If you want to follow along and lend a hand along the way that would be awesome. Thanks a lot everyone!

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...=1#post5556893

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    Welcome

Thread Information