Thread: Insanity

07santafe is offline New Member

Insanity

so ive been doing the insanity workout lately and i was wondering if anyone else has done this and what they thought. All it really seems to be is cardio i did p90x for a bit and that atleast seemed to be more with weights and gave you more of a workout instead of just running. ive had to do these because the closest gym is about a 45 min ride but finally one is in the process of being built nearby and should open soon. anybody have any ideas of good workouts you can do in a house with only having dumbells?

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    It seems like your problem is sticking to a routine. Nothing is going to yield instant results it takes time and dedication.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Insanity is garbage if you want to get bigger and build muscle, however it is a good cardio workout.

I like p90x, I've never completed the program but I have used the DVDs individually. I'd definitely stick with P90x until your new gym is completed. good Luck.

InfiniteMuscle is offline Junior Member
    like CMB said, It is definitely a cardio routine. Not much for building muscle size though. If followed with the high intensity that he pushes you should definitely be able to drop some fat tho.

thanks for the input and to rex i see what ya mean about sticking to a routine but im not expecting instant results i did a set routine throughout highschool and college i just thought these would be a little more for building muscle then they are both just seem to be all about burning fat and not really much at all about adding new muscle.

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    Yah those tv workout programs are generally aimed at over weight people who think they have the discipline to stick with their program. Which many dont have.

thats for sure i know a couple guys at work who got the p90x saying they were going to do it and lasted all of a week then back to mcdonalds for breakfast. i was just looking for something i could do with not having a gym up near me yet but good news is only about a week left on construction. then i just have to have a workout together and hope they dont have some crazy membership fee being the only one in the area.

Thread Information