cmurdapd is offline Junior Member

150 reps wtf!!!!

I was talkn to this jacked guy at my gym and he said for triceps he gets "crazy" He will do 150 reps of tricep pushdowns then switch to some extensions and do 120 reps, (light weight 30lbs for him) I would like to try this on my arm day but im thinkn after 3 sets each of these im gonna die lol. Whats ur guys take on this?? I think Ill start with some skull crushers, dips, close grip bench press, do the 120-150 reps thing, then end with the tricep rope, Does that sound good?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I have incorporated some high rep sets now and then to shock the muscle and really hit the red fibers but nothing that high. I have done some 100 rep calf movements which will have you crying like a baby. Once every couple months I used to finish my squat sessions with a set of 50 reps @ 225lbs. Those were some of the most grueling sets I have ever done. Not something I would do often but it has it's place.

Would it be ok to super set tri pushdowns and tri extensions with hi reps alternating back and forth for three sets each??

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    It's not going to hurt anything but this is not a concept or routine I would build my workouts around. I promise you, the "jacked" guy you saw at the gym doing this didnt get that way from doing this.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Just to keep in mind, the ratio of slow twitch to fast twitch muscle fibers will change based on your training over time. So although it is good to stimulate what slow twitch fibers you have that's mixed in with these predominantly fast twitch muscle fibers, you don't wanna go revolving your training regimen around that kind of rep scheme. You'd in a sense be training straight muscle endurance which would yield little strength/mass gains, but it'd help you out if you were going to compete in a tricep extension marathon. (<---joke)

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    It's not going to hurt anything but this is not a concept or routine I would build my workouts around. I promise you, the "jacked" guy you saw at the gym doing this didnt get that way from doing this.
    Oh yea for sure lol, he's getting ready to compete this summer.

Thread Information