Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

TRX suspension training

Ok, been thinking about starting this anyways for quiet awhile now. But rescently i had a couple medical issues such as....kidney stones and while testing those the doc found out m CPK levels with elevated and had muscle damage. So she told me to stop working out for awhile. She said stop doing anything too intense though. She said i could do cardio.

So im curious, would this be a could alternative to actual weight lifting for now?
    I do go back to see her for 2 weeks, and dont know what to do with myself until then. and maybe even then she could say stop for longer.

So does anyone have any experience with this product? I have one woman trainer at my gym that trains herself with it. So i was thinking about buying it and asking her to train me with them?

Any suggestions would be helpful guys thanks.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    TRX is just using some ropes and handles to help use your body weight more effectively as resistance. Good thing about it is that its friendly to those of just about any fitness level. But to me if you're not suppose to be lifting I'm not sure about resistance training in general.

Have you discussed this with your doc? I've seen lots of beginnes have great results with TRX

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    well scotty im no expert, but definately not a beginner either. I havent brought it up with the doc, wasnt going to bother her any more until my next appt. I was looking at trx for more of a "core" and entire body workout type of thing. Cutting body fat. But i guess ill just do cardio for the next two weeks until i find more out and see if my body is back to normal.

Thread Information