falco21 is offline Associate Member

Need Help With Workout

Ok, so right now I am healing from surgery on my shoulder. I have full motion and am doing therapy 3 times a week. Arm feels great but I am not allowed to lift for another couple weeks. I was in the middle of doing Insanity and eating a low carb diet to drop the unwanted fat. I am not looking to build muscle again as of now, I want to lose the fat first and then start building some mass. My diet is in check and in almost 2 months of Insanity I dropped 44lbs =) But I still have a little ways to go. I have been trying to do the tabata training on the stationary bike, but even though it is extremely tiring and hard, I feel that 4 minutes just doesn't seem adequate enough to lose the rest of the fat. I can do anything except lifting weights or pushups with my shoulder. Can someone steer me in the right direction to a good workout routine that can help me shed the rest of my fat?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    working out is one thing, but it all comes down to diet. i worked out for years but never learned how to eat until i joined this website. you are in the right place looking for advice. i say keep doing what you are doing with the Insanity training, but post your diet and i bet once you have that dialed in, the weight will drop. i say if the PT allows you to do HIIT cardio, then give that a go. you can do that one the treadmill or on the pavement. i would listen to the PT as to when you are allowed to start lifting and what not. and trust me, dieting is not easy!!!

Well my diet is perfect right now. I posted it a while back and got that sorted out. My diet is awesome I'm just trying to see what are good options for good workouts cardio wise other than your basic running and such. I can't do Insanity anymore because it requires pushups and a lot of exercises done on your hands supporting your body weight which isn't good for my shoulder right now.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    If your diet is perfect then you are in the right place. Look around at some of the other work outs and see what others are doing and then tailor on to yourself. Post it up here and you will get the feedback you are looking for. Best of luck to you. Personally I love changing my routine around.

Well I decided I'm going to do Interval Training on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Sprint for 1 minute and jog or walk for 2. And so on. I'm gonna start doing it every morning on an empty stomach. I think this will work great. I read in a lot of threads that HIT is the best for fat loss.

Just did my first workout and it felt great! Did 30 minutes. 2 minutes fast walk to recover and 1 minute sprinting at 9.5. Sweated a ton, and felt a good workout!

Thread Information