Black is offline Anabolic Member

Low bodyfat, still lose flab

Just about a year ago, I had my bodyfat tested using the Bod Pod method (For those of you that don't know what it is, there is a web site, just search bod pod). It is claimed to be one of the most accurate methods, up there with being dipped.

At that time, I was 197 lbs. with a body fat percentage of 15.4%. (167 lbs of lean muscle - 30.4 lbs. of fat)

I just had another test done today. I am 182.5 lbs. with a body fat percentage of 4.6%! (174.2 of lean muscle - 8.3 lbs. of fat)

Visually, yes I have dieted down and cut up a lot. I see tons of definition improvements. I vascular in my shoulders and arms. I have veins popping out of my legs throughout the day. I even have veins popping out of my lower abdominal/upper pubic area. My upper abs are visible, but not what you would think at 4.6%.

And then the problem area. Around the belly button area, I have pinchable loose skin and fat. Years ago, when I was on SSRIs (Lexapro), I was a zombie and didn't care about working out. I gained a lot of fat (belly) and the heaviest I was, was 215. During that time though, I must've gained it fast, because I have two stretch marks in that same area.

I have dieted down low before and have always had that little pouch of fat. Does that area hold more fat, due to the amount that it held in the past? I really don't know what else to try to smooth everything out. Opinions welcome.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Doesn't seem like you could be 4.6%. You might want to post pics.

Sounds like the "first to add, last to go" rule. That problem area will be the last fat to leave your body. Plenty of folks will be able to give you much better info than me.

pebble is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    Just about a year ago, I had my bodyfat tested using the Bod Pod method (For those of you that don't know what it is, there is a web site, just search bod pod). It is claimed to be one of the most accurate methods, up there with being dipped.

At that time, I was 197 lbs. with a body fat percentage of 15.4%. (167 lbs of lean muscle - 30.4 lbs. of fat)

I just had another test done today. I am 182.5 lbs. with a body fat percentage of 4.6%! (174.2 of lean muscle - 8.3 lbs. of fat)

Visually, yes I have dieted down and cut up a lot. I see tons of definition improvements. I vascular in my shoulders and arms. I have veins popping out of my legs throughout the day. I even have veins popping out of my lower abdominal/upper pubic area. My upper abs are visible, but not what you would think at 4.6%.

And then the problem area. Around the belly button area, I have pinchable loose skin and fat. Years ago, when I was on SSRIs (Lexapro), I was a zombie and didn't care about working out. I gained a lot of fat (belly) and the heaviest I was, was 215. During that time though, I must've gained it fast, because I have two stretch marks in that same area.

I have dieted down low before and have always had that little pouch of fat. Does that area hold more fat, due to the amount that it held in the past? I really don't know what else to try to smooth everything out. Opinions welcome.
    First off you’re not 4.6% BF. The machine is wrong.

Second, yes you will store more fat in the stomach due to past weight gain. Once a fat cell proliferates it’s there for life ready to suck up free fatty acids.

To solve the problem you need to lose more body fat. The flab will be gone once you are lean enough.

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    The machines are really dodgy lol

Thread Information