parksy is offline Junior Member

Question regarding chest exercises

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get better definition on the underside of my pecs... currently i've got great strength in the chest and very good size/definition in the top part of my pecs but it just sort of fades at the bottom... I try and mix it up with my chest workout but are their any exercises that will specifically target the bottom of the pec to get better definition?

Thanks

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Pretty easy question, Decline bench is great for size on the lower pectoral, Dips/weighted dips hit the lower pecs as well. If you're just looking for sculpting then decline flies are good.

Whats your chest routine consist of and in what order?

usd610 is offline New Member
    Scotty, that is actually a false assumption. The chest consists of two muscles, the pec major and minor. You cannot simply build a lower chest, and there is no exercise that will hit the lower pec muscle because it does not exist. Decline benching while widely overlooked by many Is a great tool at passing plateaus, as week as adding some size to the chest. There is also no exercise that will sculpt a chest. To have a more defined chest you must drop bodyfat. You can do all the flies you want but if your 20%bf I'm sorry they aren't gonna sculpt anything.

parksy is offline Junior Member
    my chest routine consists of bench press, dumbell bench press, incline bench press, and pec flys (dumbells).... also @usd610... im only 9%bf i really do not think fat is the problem for me... plus im runnin a cutting cycle right now.. it really is the only part of me i can't stand the bottom of my pec just sort of fades into my lower rib cage despite great definition b/w the pecs and size at the tops...

@scotty I will try decline bench.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if the bottom of your chest isn't sculpted enough simply drop bf. When I lean out the underside of my chest really starts become defined.

Thread Information