redz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Stupid Treadmill interferes with my wireless internet for satellite dish

I don`t know if anyone has any ideas to help me out here but I am running an FTA receiver with iks (internet key sharing) so it requires a wireless bridge which works prefectly all the time except as soon as I turn my tread mill on it kills the connection. Anyone know anything about how to prevent the interference coming from the treadmill?

|2ogue is offline Junior Member
    If its interfering with the actual wireless signal, then there is nothing you can do. A treadmill will create a lot of interferance including static. Most wireless routers would not be effected, just depends on individual models.
    On the other hand it may be putting 'noise' through your mains and interfering with the router etc that way. You can buy a noise filter from electrical outlets or pc stores. This plugs into the mains socket, then you plug the equipment into that. This is the only way I can think of that would stop it.

berniec is offline Junior Member
    wireless bridge as in using WiFi or one of those powerline extenders? If it's the latter the motor in the treadmill is probably putting so much noise on the power line that the devices can't see each other. you could try moving them both to a circuit breaker that was on a different leg of power then the treadmill, or putting the treadmill on a power strip that has a noise filter (Tripplite IsoBars are good units).

assuming its wifi try changing the channels- 1, 6, or 11 for 2.4Ghz 802.11g and see if that makes a difference. If not, try a bridge/router that supports the 5ghz spectrum (802.11a/n) which often is less congested and offers better reception (but slightly less range and penetration through some surfaces.

Thread Information