Training split may need some work, what do you guys think

Mon; Chest & tri's -
    Tue; Legs & calves
    Wed; Off
    Thur; Delts & abs
    Fri; Back & bi's
    Sat ; off
    Sun; off

I do pyramid set training usually 4 sets and I also incorp cardio 5 times per week for 50mins usually sprints with weights. I'm not getting any kind of movement on my arms and they don't hurt after ive trained them when all my other body parts do, any views or comments to speed gains up in the arms. I will be going on cycle soon just low dose test for 10 weeks test E...

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Your split looks good in my perspective.

You should try to do supersets and focuse on your negative reps , try to do rest pauses to really burn that muscle.

Your arms don't hurt , because your not following good form or you are training your arms too lightly.

Hopefully I helped you

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You could also try training your arms together on the same day and focus more on the stretching and being more intense with your exercises. What kind of routine are you doing for your arms and rep range?

Pitcher is offline New Member
    I complete 2 excerises for biceps;normally standing curls and preacher curls and for triceps I complete lying tri press and pushdowns.

Is this adequate to increase the size inline with my other bodypart?

should I try and do arms on there own day rather than with another bodypart?

Pitcher is offline New Member
    Anymore advice

only-juice is offline New Member
    I was in a similar situation as you before. I felt my arms were not being worked enough so I ended up over training them by doing them 2x week and going nuts every time. I shit you not I started training arms once every 10 days and boy did they start exploding, I kept adding LBS or reps with this routine. That being said, You have to experiment and find what works for you.

My current routine is such

Mon; Back/traps
    Tuesff
    Wed:Chest/shoulders/abs
    Thurff
    Friday:Legs/calves
    satff
    sun:bis/tris/abs
    off
    Its one day on one day off rotation: I do 12 to 14 sets Bis and 12-14 for tris. Super-sets heavy 6-8 reps only.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by only-juice; 06-12-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Tbound is offline Junior Member
    Like this set up with the exception of Chest on the same day as Shoulders.....every time I've gone that route and trained them together I felt as if I couldn't go full force on my frontal militaries???......Just my 2 cents....How do you get the most out of this workout?...
    Quote Originally Posted by only-juice View Post
    I was in a similar situation as you before. I felt my arms were not being worked enough so I ended up over training them by doing them 2x week and going nuts every time. I shit you not I started training arms once every 10 days and boy did they start exploding, I kept adding LBS or reps with this routine. That being said, You have to experiment and find what works for you.

My current routine is such

Mon; Back/traps
    Tuesff
    Wed:Chest/shoulders/abs
    Thurff
    Friday:Legs/calves
    satff
    sun:bis/tris/abs
    off
    Its one day on one day off rotation: I do 12 to 14 sets Bis and 12-14 for tris. Super-sets heavy 6-8 reps only.

Hope that helps.

only-juice is offline New Member
    ^^

You can always switch to ,Chest/bis and Shoulders/tris again you need to find what works for you. For me, I have always had strong shoulders so I never had a problem with how I trained them; they always responded well. (Keep in mind the goal is not to lift the heaviest weight but to lift the heaviest you CAN lift in the condition you are for 6-8 repetitions)

This is what I do to get the most of this workout. You have to realize that you are pretty much hitting the same muscle group on every 9th day. You are as good as new now. Go as heavy as you can with proper form and always try to increase the weight last used by 5lbs or push a couple of more reps on the last few set of each exercise. Don't rest more than 60 seconds. If you cant increase the weight or reps try to decrease the rest time. Yes keep a log of everything you do in the gym. It will help you greatly.
    If you start hitting a plateau after 6-8 weeks change your routine to a 4 day split for 4-6 weeks doing super sets and go back to the above routine.

Cheers

Thread Information