chuckfinley is offline Junior Member

Teen bulking question....

hey guys im 18, senior in highschool, and i recently started my bulking phase. im not taking any roids (just for clearance), and i was wondering if i should maybe do a 3 day split and hit muscles 2 times a week or stick with a 5 day split??? any imput or great workout plans you guys have would be appriciated. was thinking about doing GVT but not sure, also. my stats are bf%: not sure ht: 5'8'' weight 173 lbst

Loki387 is offline Junior Member
    Hitting each muscle once a week is plenty... If you are lagging in one particular area.. then this can be trainined twice.. i.e one day heavy and the other light... .. In relation to whether a 3 day split of five day.. its totally up 2 u.. what works with your time table and life...

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I recommend a 4 day split over a 6-8 day period....

I dont believe increasing training frequency helps you to bring up lagging bodyparts, it simply takes away from recovery ability IMO

I do not recommend High Volume training as the best option. I would much rather see you training High Intensity with low volume (similar to Dorian Yates)

Higher Volume Training can be implemented as a deload (ease off)....

You need to periodize your routine so that it consists of 3 main phases...

A Blasting Phase (This is were intensity will be at its highest, volume will e low but sets will be well beyond your natural failure...and will last for 4-6 weeks, progression each week is key)

A Deload Phase (This is where intensity will be dropped and sets will not be taken beyond failure, this will need to last between 2 and 4 weeks.... You will possibly get stronger in this period)

A Rest Phase (This is a short period where no training is to be undertaken, 1 week off and as much relaxing as possible)

Repeat...

baseline, will this style of workout allow me to gain size because thats what im mainly shooting for ?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    yes

Try either of these routines

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...trophy-Routine

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.TtkENWOa9tM

For you I would personally go for the top one for now

baseline, i started the top article, (the layne norton power/hypertrophy split) and it was beast!!!!! thanks for the help finding it. the one thing i wanted to ask you was if i could adapt it alittle more to what i want, which is bigger arms through this bulk season. so do u think i could add a arm workout (bi's and tri's) on saturday or something?? ohh and i did upper body then lower instead of starting with lower????

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    yes

Try either of these routines

For you I would personally go for the top one for now
    what would you reccomend for someone weighing 67kg trying to achieve something like my avatar/dp ?

Donman1001 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I recommend a 4 day split over a 6-8 day period....

I dont believe increasing training frequency helps you to bring up lagging bodyparts, it simply takes away from recovery ability IMO

I do not recommend High Volume training as the best option. I would much rather see you training High Intensity with low volume (similar to Dorian Yates)

Higher Volume Training can be implemented as a deload (ease off)....

You need to periodize your routine so that it consists of 3 main phases...

A Blasting Phase (This is were intensity will be at its highest, volume will e low but sets will be well beyond your natural failure...and will last for 4-6 weeks, progression each week is key)

A Deload Phase (This is where intensity will be dropped and sets will not be taken beyond failure, this will need to last between 2 and 4 weeks.... You will possibly get stronger in this period)

A Rest Phase (This is a short period where no training is to be undertaken, 1 week off and as much relaxing as possible)

Repeat...
    Great stuff baseline, I agree with everything that you said. Also I do know about you but I believe that having light days are pointless either lift hard n heavy that day or dont lift at all.

Thread Information