Andramada is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

shoulder problem

Ok this may be a dumb question but my left shoulder is messed up the doc said it was my rotater cuff . I'm not doing surgery . When I work out my arms, back and shoulders I have a hard time doing the same reps and weight on my left as my right . How can I make sure I don't have a visible difference in size and strength ????? ( I'm female)

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    whats the difference in weight/reps you are getting with the left shoulder? are you working on gaining strength or just being fit?

usd610 is offline New Member
    continuing training is just asking for problems. Get the surgery do rehab, then start lifting again. Your just prolonging the inevitable and doing more damage in the mean time.

Blog Entries
    I really do not want to go through the surgery ...... Right now the weight is the same but I'm doing 4 reps of 12 on my right and I can only do 3 reps of 10 on my left ..

Blog Entries
    sorry I am looking for strength and fit but mostly strength ......

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    then i would say get the surgery. i know its a pain but if it is what will fix the problem then you have to do it. otherwise you can just further injure yourself.

|2ogue is offline Junior Member
    I had a shoulder injury some yrs ago. I never went to docs with it but I suspected it was something similar to what you have got. I had to stop training for various reasons, but my shoulder continued to give me trouble for a long time after. It was a good 12 months before the problem completely went away, and that was with no training at all. Unless its fixed its gonna be holding you back for a long time. Behind the neck barbel shoulder presses I have heard are terrible for causing injuries like this. Dont know if you ever do them, but I did, would never do them again.

Blog Entries
    I made an appointment to get a shoulder X-ray . So hopefully soon I will know which way to go .... I do think its something i was doing wrong in my training it just upsets me that all my hard work is going to go down the drain if I have the surgery .......

Thread Information