TRYER is offline Associate Member

Back exercises for a thinner waist

Hi all im after some info on back exercises i want to try and get my waistline as slim as possible and to do this i dont want to do back exercises that will hinder this,
    for example doing cable pulldowns may grow your lats quit low to your core inturn making your waist look wider.
    maybe a simple change of grip can stop this maybe there are other exercises that can trim down your waist

all help is greatly appreciated guy

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by TRYER View Post
    Hi all im after some info on back exercises i want to try and get my waistline as slim as possible and to do this i dont want to do back exercises that will hinder this,
    for example doing cable pulldowns may grow your lats quit low to your core inturn making your waist look wider.maybe a simple change of grip can stop this maybe there are other exercises that can trim down your waist

all help is greatly appreciated guy
    Completley dissagree with this statement. Lats development adds to the illusion of a slimmer wasteline, so does leg development. Smaller wasteline comes down to one single factor IMO and thats bodyfat percenage. Some of the people i know with the best wasteline tapers have the most brutal back workouts.

For back development nothing beats variations of deadlifts, (sumo,romanian,roundback) And pullups

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^^x2. Big Lats gives the waist an automatic illusion of looking smaller. I've learned that nailing your rear and side delts also adds a nice effect to it. The wider you are up top = smaller your waist looks.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Completley dissagree with this statement. Lats development adds to the illusion of a slimmer wasteline, so does leg development. Smaller wasteline comes down to one single factor IMO and thats bodyfat percenage. Some of the people i know with the best wasteline tapers have the most brutal back workouts.

For back development nothing beats variations of deadlifts, (sumo,romanian,roundback) And pullups
    the word ILLUSION !! i actually want a thinner waist not just appear to have one and i do understand were your coming from i just know you can train your lats to grow longer or shorter but still grow wide and im after the shorter look but your comments are noted bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    ^^^x2. Big Lats gives the waist an automatic illusion of looking smaller. I've learned that nailing your rear and side delts also adds a nice effect to it. The wider you are up top = smaller your waist looks.
    as in my last comment mate

Quote Originally Posted by TRYER View Post
    the word ILLUSION !! i actually want a thinner waist not just appear to have one and i do understand were your coming from i just know you can train your lats to grow longer or shorter but still grow wide and im after the shorter look but your comments are noted bud

Then hop on the treadmill and do a full out cut. The waist isn't going to just shrink without dropping bf.

I posted these up a few days ago. The pictures were taken about two years apart. Ironic part, I was the SAME weight in both pictures. Only difference is I went from a 38+ waist to below a 32+ waist. The point I am trying to get at here is keeping nailing your back with intensity, but do a cut and sacrifice some mass to get that waist small. Then, you'll have a tiny waist and much better base to work with you're putting size back on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back exercises for a thinner waist-back.jpg   Back exercises for a thinner waist-wings.jpg  

^^ yup, cardio. Men are genticly programed to store fat around our waste, Its the first place u store it and the last place you lose it

Gettin a nice christmas tree going there bronzer. awesome progress

^Thanks. And its so true about storing target fat in the waist. During a full out bulk, I'll still hold some good vascularity and density in my upper body, but my waist get freaking gigantic. It's not worth getting sloppy in the off season any more. Too much damn work to get the fvcker tiny again (waist)

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Gettin a nice christmas tree going there bronzer. awesome progress
    x2
    and good example for the thread....totally look like you weigh more in the recent pic even though its obvious that you are much leaner...i dont see any muscle sacrificed bro..

was that a natty cut (diet only)?

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    x2
    and good example for the thread....totally look like you weigh more in the recent pic even though its obvious that you are much leaner...i dont see any muscle sacrificed bro..

was that a natty cut (diet only)?
    I ended up dirty bulking to 260, but looked like complete shit. I shaved off 30-35lbs naturally and last week I started a Prop/Masteron cycle in hopes to put on a nice clean 5lbs and stay around the same bf%.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    I ended up dirty bulking to 260, but looked like complete shit. I shaved off 30-35lbs naturally and last week I started a Prop/Masteron cycle in hopes to put on a nice clean 5lbs and stay around the same bf%.
    great work thanks for the math

props

|2ogue is offline Junior Member
    To the op, there are no back exercises that will actually make your waist smaller. But I think I understand where your coming from. If you do behind the neck pulldowns this will focus on the upper portion of the lats more. I think seated cable rows may also target this area well. If I were you though, I'd concentrate more on the illusion. As targetting the upper lats will still work the lower lats. The way they grow will ultimately be decided by your genetics. As others said, cut your bf down nice and low, and get a nice flare in your lats and your waist will look like you would like.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    wide grip pull ups are good.. dead lifts work.. i don't do them personally.. cardio and pull ups will get you where you wanna be

Thread Information