Jenseno9 is offline Member

deload week during cycle?

I'm pretty lost when it comes to my training right now. I've been hitting it hard since Jan. Making decent gains in my back squat, dead lift, press, and clean and jerk.

Jan numbers
    back squat 250
    dead lift 315
    press 135
    snatch 165
    clean and jerk 205

back squat 300
    dead lift 375
    press 160
    snatch 165
    clean and jerk 220

I'm on my 6 week of 600mg Deca and 400mg test cyp. I eat 4-4,500 calories a day. I haven't really gained any weight. Maybe 2-3 lbs. I'm 71 inches and 197 lbs. I think my body composition has changed a little but it's hard to tell seeing yourself everyday. But I feel like I've stalled in my lifts. This week I did hit a 165 snatch. And almost had 170. Which is 10lbs more than I had done recently. 2 weeks ago I hit a 225 clean but missed the jerk. But when I dead lifted a few weeks ago 330 was ****ing heavy. I did have a cold though. I guess I was just expecting to see my numbers go up faster with the addition of deca and test. I think Im going to change up my cycle a bit to 400mg deca and 800 test for the rest 10-12 weeks.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Post your diet up buddy....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Heres a typical day

breakfast

6 eggs
    6 pieces of bacon
    1/2 grapefruit
    1 orange
    sometimes 1-2 tbs of olive oil

lunch
    4 cheeseburgers no bun or 12 oz of some kind of protein
    1-2 cups cooks vegetables
    2 tbs olive oil

PWO
    16 oz chocolate milk

Dinner
    12 oz protein
    salad
    1-2 cooked vegetables
    2 tbs olive oil

thats a rough estimate.
    I do keep a food journal and fitday. Looking over it the least calories I eat in a day is 3,500 the most is 5,000.
    Break down is around 250g fat, 100g carb, 200g protein.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    4 meals a day? no PWO protien? thats not sounding good. Cheesburgers with our without a bun aren't what you want unless they're super lean like 94/6 or 90/10 at the fattiest.
    Bacon and fruit dont' need to be in there either.

You have no good carbs in your diet. No oats, no sweet potatoes, lentils, etc.

Baseline will add more I'm sure, but your diet is far from on point
    Last edited by scotty51312; 05-15-2011 at 02:49 PM.

We could go back and forth all day about what you think a good diet and what I think. There is nothing wrong with eating fat and lots of it. I do not eat grains or legumes because of the anti nutrients in them. I do have have PWO nutrition. How can you say fruit should not be in your diet? I do eat starchy fruits like bananas 3x week, and sweet potato's about 2x a week.

There are new studies out that show that eating all day long to keep feeding your body nutrients (ie eating 6-8 meals a day) have no more benefit that eating 3 larger meals. If your body is constantly digesting food all day your taking away energy that could be used restoring muscles etc. 200 g of protein is sufficient for my lean body mass or 175. Carbs are the only nutrient that your body doesn't need and can make by itself.

I'm in the military so I don't have access to a kitchen so I do the best I can. This will change in the next month or so and my diet will consist of a lot more leafy greens, nuts, berries, avocados, sweet potato's and more of a variety in cuts of meat, and coconut milk.
    Last edited by Jenseno9; 05-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenseno9 View Post
    Heres a typical day

breakfast

6 eggs, 6 eggs is a lot of fat to begin with
    6 pieces of baconunless you're trying to run a CKD diet bacon doesnt' belong in anyones diet. and if you are running CKD then your carbs are to high. Plus a CKD wouldn't be what i would run if i was worried about strength gains.
    1/2 grapefruit other than the vitamin content fruits like this are just sugar that increase insulin activity when you dont' want it. fruit should be limited to PWO or not at all
    1 orange
    sometimes 1-2 tbs of olive oil

lunch
    4 cheeseburgers no bun or 12 oz of some kind of protein
    1-2 cups cooks vegetables vegetables are good, and lean protien would be good here.
    2 tbs olive oil

PWO
    16 oz chocolate milk some people like chocolate milk PWO, I'm not one of them, If you threw in a scoup of whey protien then you might have something more acceptable. the 16oz of chocolate milk is only 16g of protien, and all simple sugars. This is one of your most important meals, your body needs better

Dinner
    12 oz protein
    salad
    1-2 cooked vegetables
    2 tbs olive oil

thats a rough estimate.
    I do keep a food journal and fitday. Looking over it the least calories I eat in a day is 3,500 the most is 5,000.
    Break down is around 250g fat, 100g carb, 200g protein.
    your fat should never be that high even on a carb restricted diet, You have meals that are high in fat and carbs, you dont' want to eat both at the same time, Your body will burn the carbs for energy and store the fat cause thats what its programed to do. There maybe be studies saying that 6-8 meals a day is garbage, but there overnight catabolism is real and you dont' have a pre bedtime meal in here. Your thinking in the right direction, but you're not there yet. But you seem to know it all so you dont' need my help

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i agree with scotty

I took your advice about the diet and feel much better adding in some more carbs and less fat.

On another note I had my testosterone level checked and only had 665 ng/dL so I think I have faked gear.

Thread Information