Thread: Arnolds

brjrj0000 is offline Member

Arnolds

If someone can do arnold presses with 80lbs for 10 reps what weight do you think they can use for a set of set for normal dumbbell presses

anyone?

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    No idea

sweet! thanks for the help lol jk well what do you guys do for regular dbell presses and what can you do for arnolds

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    In all my years I have never even tried them. Never seen them done at the gym either. Maybe I will give them a try to see what they feel like.

Yeah, I know I am no help either.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    I end with 50's/60's (3 sets of arnies) depending on where in the workout do them and regular db press i end with the 80's

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    I always do Arnolds, and find that I can do about 10 to 15-pounds less per arm as compared with regular dumbell press if I want my form to be spot-on. My reps also suffer, but I don't know off-hand how many fewer reps I can do with Arnolds compared to regular dumbell press. If you're pressing, say, 80 pound dumbells for six reps, you would probably want to try Arnolds with 65 pounds to make sure your form is perfect, and that your elbows don't drop to your chest for support.
    IMO, Arnold Press is the best shoulder press by far. I typically do half of my shoulder presses as Arnolds, and save the standard presses for the heavy weight.

TOkidd

Thread Information