stonecoldarm is offline Junior Member

I feel like my arms shrik when i start cutting down, any advise to stop that?

I feel like my arms shrik when i start cutting down, any advise to stop that
    I have noticed that every time i start to lean out my arms get small, they felt small today. I have days where they look nice a veiny and pumped and some days where they look soft. Im sure thats due to my diet but my real question is...is there any tricks to keep my arms from getting smaller? I understand that im loosing bf and everything gets smaller and tighter but my uper body doesnt seem to shrik that much just my arms. My stats are:

26 yrs
    205 lbs
    10-12% bf
    5'10"

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Measure them and make sure your not mind f'n yourself first!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    When you drop bodyfat the circumference of your muscles gets smaller.

Thats what i figured that cirumference gets smaller and maybe dirtybrt is right i should get the size. I was going by how my shirts fit me and thats where i really noticed it. Since im cutting down i have started doing higher reps and supersets. Should i do high reps for my arms too or do less but heavy?

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    When you drop bodyfat the circumference of your muscles gets smaller.
    Exactly! I tend to hold a descent amount of fat in my biceps so they always decrease in size when I cut.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecoldarm View Post
    Thats what i figured that cirumference gets smaller and maybe dirtybrt is right i should get the size. I was going by how my shirts fit me and thats where i really noticed it. Since im cutting down i have started doing higher reps and supersets. Should i do high reps for my arms too or do less but heavy?
    No reason to switch to high reps or supersets just because you are cutting. If anything this is the time you should be lifting as heavy as possible. (6-12 reps range)

FIREGUY Ok thats good to know. I have been doing heavy sets for a while now thats why i figured i will switch up. But im sure you know more then i do. So my sets do you recommend?

For me for me 9 sets for bi's and 9 for tri's is about what I can do before they run out of gas. Usually 3 different exercises @ 3 sets a piece. If I am still feeling a good pump I might throw another set in and other times I might stop a set or two earlier if my arms tell me they are done.

Is it bad if i keep going after i loose my pump? I dont know why but i cant stop working out my bis or tris even when i loose my pump, i always feel like i didnt do enough.

No reason to switch to high reps or supersets just because you are cutting. If anything this is the time you should be lifting as heavy as possible. (6-12 reps range)
    Thank you for this! I try to tell my buddies the same thing and they have it in their head that high reps are best when cutting. Damn it, why can't they see that diet is the key to cutting not reps!

^^Yep, when cutting bodyfat you are already at an increased risk of losing muscle tissue, why compound the problem by going leaving the rep range which is responsible for the majority of muscle growth. I do like working in the 8-15 range for arms and sometimes even 20 rep range but not while dieting. "What built the muscle keeps the muscle"

^^Yep, when cutting bodyfat you are already at an increased risk of losing muscle tissue, why compound the problem by going leaving the rep range which is responsible for the majority of muscle growth. I do like working in the 8-15 range for arms and sometimes even 20 rep range but not while dieting. "What built the muscle keeps the muscle"
    Yes sir but "hey, what do we know"? lol

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    Yes sir but "hey, what do we know"? lol

nothing... so put those non defined small quads away :P

Quote Originally Posted by t-gunz;5638***
    nothing... so put those non defined small quads away :P
    LMAO...noticed I cut the pic off right before my calves, there's a reason for that. The fukers won't grow!!!

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I loose an inch and a half off my arms when I cut up but people tell me every day they look to be getting bigger because they are taking on more shape

Thread Information