Thread: workout times

optionsdude is offline Member

workout times

I mostly work nights on alternate schedules from a start time of 2pm-5pm and a finish work time of 2am-4am. Is it best to workout at the beginning of my day or the end of my day? I love the gym at 2am there's no one there. Just the poor guy restacking everyones wieghts. Which I have always been confused about, returning your wieghts should be a part of your routine.

stpete is offline Banned
    C'mon man, workout before you go to work while you have the energy. Work might suffer a little but it's a hell of a lot better than being too tired to get a good workout in. Get your priorities straight bro.
    haha..J/k man, it's totally your call. But w/ those weird hours i'd workout before as i'd be full of energy after the workout in the early morning hours and who knows when i'd go to bed.
    Good luck either way.

optionsdude is offline Member
    Thanks stpete. I'm going to try and do cardio before work and lift after. I don't work hard at work, and I tend to get pumped about lifting at the end of my day, plug in the headphones and lookout. Plus I can use a lot of hot water on a nice afterworkout shower. Will sleeping after a good workout and a post workout protien shake aid in muscle recovery?

Thread Information