Pat403 is offline Associate Member

Borrowed workout thoughts?

I've been looking for a new workout for a little bit and as I was reading through the threads I found one posted by another member and I have decided to borrow it and giver a go (thanks to that member). I did do some alterations to it as it was a little high volume for me so I was wondering if there are any thoughts? Just wondering if I have butchered it or if it still works as a bit of a dumbed down version? Also I did take out a rest/cardio day on wed and I believe Sat or sun. My reason for this is that I have always done five days and weekends off cuz it works for me schedule wise; also I do my cardio on mon wed and fri nights. Does that seem acceptable or am I really not giving my body a chance to recoup?

Monday: Chest
    Bench Press- 4 set pyramid 10-4
    Incline Bench- 4x 4-8
    Flat Bench Flys- 4x 6-8
    Weighted Dips- 4x 6-10

Tuesday: Back
    Deadlift- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Barbell Row- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Weighted Pullups- 4x 8-10
    Goodmornings- 3x 8-12?

Wednesday: Shoulders
    Barbell Shoulder Press- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Lat Raise- 4x 6-10
    Bent Over Lat Raise- 4x 6-10
    Barbell Upright Row- 4x 6-10
    DB Shrug- 4x 6-10

Thursday: Arms
    Preacher Curls- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Hammer Curls- 4x 6-10
    Close Grip Bench Press- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Skull Crushers- 4x 6-10
    Wrist Curls- 1x 20

Friday: Legs/Abs
    Squat- 4 sets pyramid 10-4
    Leg Press- 4x 6-8
    Extensions- 3x 6-8
    Curls- 3x 6-10
    Calf Raise- 4x 6-10
    Weighted Incline Sit up- 4x 10-15
    Hanging Knee Raise- 4x 10-15
    Lying Leg Raise- 4x 10

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I know the split you're refering to. 5 days in a row is too much IMO, even for on cycle. Add a rest day at least one, I'd put it between shoulders and arms, if your adding another, put it before shoulders. Is there a really good reason you don't train weekends, like it's not open or something? My best workouts are on weekends.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    looks like your conventional 5on2off. if your goals are anything related to increasing LBM to strictly bulk gains then I see this type of split should fit the criteria pretty well. exercise selections looks good. nice choice of accessory work to compliment the essential compounds. pay attention to body language and address accordingly after a while and see how it treats you. take your necessary deloads and track your progress via journal or log on here. good luck.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would change the split around to this:

mon. back
    tue. chest
    wed. legs
    thur. shoulders
    fri. arms

The legs on wed. should help break things up and give your upper body a rest. That being said I understand the convenience of 5 on 2 off but like others have said a mid week rest day is very beneficial whether cutting or bulking. I follow this same split except take thur. off and do shoulders Fri and arms Sat.

Pat403 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys. Really the only reason I don't do weekends is I have a super heavy high stress work load with my job (As I'm sure many of us do) so I really just wanna do nothing on the weekends or spend it doing hobby stuff I never get a chance to do like camping and unfortunately there arn't many gyms in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat403 View Post
    Thanks guys. Really the only reason I don't do weekends is I have a super heavy high stress work load with my job (As I'm sure many of us do) so I really just wanna do nothing on the weekends or spend it doing hobby stuff I never get a chance to do like camping and unfortunately there arn't many gyms in the woods.
    I hear ya!

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    I don't think goodmornings are necessary on back day if you're doing deadlifts. Lower back gets plenty of work from deadlifts, barbell rows, squats, etc. IMO, good mornings aren't necessary. I wonder if the other members agree with me.

TOkidd

Quote Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
    I don't think goodmornings are necessary on back day if you're doing deadlifts. Lower back gets plenty of work from deadlifts, barbell rows, squats, etc. IMO, good mornings aren't necessary. I wonder if the other members agree with me.

TOkidd
    agree

Thread Information