speedfreak is offline Associate Member

Should I split my cardio and weight lifting?

I am currently trying to cut for the summer and was wondering if its a good idea to go do cardio on an empty stomach, go back home eat and about an hour later go back and weight train?

Thanks

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    You can do cardio on empty stomach, because your body is empty from nutrients. Some beliave that cardio and weight training should be separated, but I don't see anything bad If you do your cardio after your workout.

Evil.Davies is offline New Member
    IMO its benefical to do your cardio after your workout if your goal is fat loss because your body is in a "pre-exhastive" state, meaning you're in a better position to burn calories. That is only my opinion though there's no science behind it, although im sure you could find some if you looked!

jfalco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
    I am currently trying to cut for the summer and was wondering if its a good idea to go do cardio on an empty stomach, go back home eat and about an hour later go back and weight train?

Thanks
    If this fits in your schedule it is a great idea and you should do it.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    I do my cardio after workout, because my gym does not have really good schedule. If my gym would be open like 24/7 I would certainly do my cardio in the morning on empty stomatch.

Minion0812 is offline Associate Member
    Yes it also depends on how much you do.....

For example I do 45-60min cardio and try doing that after a hard workout lol! That is why I do morning and evening training.

speedfreak is offline Associate Member
    I work in the evening so the morning time is when I can get everything done. I wish i could do cardio in the am and weight training in the PM.... but anyway..Like what minion said after a hard workout its hard to get some cardio in... I have a muay thai bag at home which im thinking of working 30 min with that then rest, eat then hit the gym?

Thread Information