Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Tbound is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    101

    Need advise on how to work biceps without using so much forearm....

    My question is what exercises can I use to get the most amount of work in the actual biceps and less in my forearms??.....I have bowling pin forearms with less than average biceps and when I finish my bicep workouts my forearms are engorged with blood and not so much in my biceps. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

  2. #2
    strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Near Barrie
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbound View Post
    My question is what exercises can I use to get the most amount of work in the actual biceps and less in my forearms??.....I have bowling pin forearms with less than average biceps and when I finish my bicep workouts my forearms are engorged with blood and not so much in my biceps. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
    DUDE how did your forarms get so big and not bicep, you must be poppyeye...?

  3. #3
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    What is your arm routine consist of?

  4. #4
    Tbound is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    101
    Pretty much the norm.....I start with 4X10,12 straight bar followed by 3X8,10 preacher and end with some Zotts.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    What is your arm routine consist of?

  5. #5
    Tbound is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    101
    Hell if I know......I never work them believe it or not for some funny ass reason I'm strong as hell on Bbcurl and peachers..lol....How that works I have know idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by strong_web View Post
    DUDE how did your forarms get so big and not bicep, you must be poppyeye...?

  6. #6
    strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Near Barrie
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbound View Post
    Hell if I know......I never work them believe it or not for some funny ass reason I'm strong as hell on Bbcurl and peachers..lol....How that works I have know idea.
    Crazy dude, I guess we all grow differently.

  7. #7
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,448
    I use to have pretty big forearms compared to my biceps. It just takes time. Continue with preacher bench, concentration curls and work FORM, not heavy. Using heavy tends to use the forearms more on the lift but if you concentrate on SLOW steady movements and make sure you feel it in the bicep they will grow.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •