Tbound is offline Junior Member

Need advise on how to work biceps without using so much forearm....

My question is what exercises can I use to get the most amount of work in the actual biceps and less in my forearms??.....I have bowling pin forearms with less than average biceps and when I finish my bicep workouts my forearms are engorged with blood and not so much in my biceps. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbound View Post
    My question is what exercises can I use to get the most amount of work in the actual biceps and less in my forearms??.....I have bowling pin forearms with less than average biceps and when I finish my bicep workouts my forearms are engorged with blood and not so much in my biceps. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
    DUDE how did your forarms get so big and not bicep, you must be poppyeye...?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What is your arm routine consist of?

Pretty much the norm.....I start with 4X10,12 straight bar followed by 3X8,10 preacher and end with some Zotts.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    What is your arm routine consist of?

Hell if I know......I never work them believe it or not for some funny ass reason I'm strong as hell on Bbcurl and peachers..lol....How that works I have know idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by strong_web View Post
    DUDE how did your forarms get so big and not bicep, you must be poppyeye...?

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbound View Post
    Hell if I know......I never work them believe it or not for some funny ass reason I'm strong as hell on Bbcurl and peachers..lol....How that works I have know idea.
    Crazy dude, I guess we all grow differently.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use to have pretty big forearms compared to my biceps. It just takes time. Continue with preacher bench, concentration curls and work FORM, not heavy. Using heavy tends to use the forearms more on the lift but if you concentrate on SLOW steady movements and make sure you feel it in the bicep they will grow.

Thread Information