omegagboost is offline New Member

Exclamation tailbone pain when deadlifting

Hey guys,

okay I've been having this problem for quite a while and I can't seem to find the problem. Basically when I deadlift, I get pain in my tailbone/coccyx area. I tried different things but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have the same thing and what did you do to overcome it?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    has me baffled, been heavy deadlifting for almost 20yrs and havent encountered that. had you any injury/breaks in tht area before?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Thats a first for me. How bad is the pain from 1-10? Sounds like something you might want to see a Dr. about.

I never broke or injured anything over there and I cant tell in a scale of 1 to 10. All I can tell is that the more reps I do or the heavier I do, the more I'll feel it. It sucks because I went to a powerlifting gym and they also couldnt figure it out.

Ill sumo 405 right now but I still feel it and its seriously slowing down my progress.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    As weird as this is going to sound, go and get your feet checked out. A few months ago I started to get a sharp pain in my lower back and right hip. I went to my physiotherapist thinking I had a herniated disc. Thank god my physiotherapist checked out my feet and made note that I had a bunion on my right foot. I've had it for over 10 years and never paid attention to it besides the random pain here and there.

He measured my legs from hip to foot arch and noticed that my right leg was actually 1/2" shorter than my left. Due to my bunion, my right foot flattened out causing an abnormal imbalance. I've since invested in orthopedic footwear and feel amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omegagboost View Post
    I never broke or injured anything over there and I cant tell in a scale of 1 to 10. All I can tell is that the more reps I do or the heavier I do, the more I'll feel it. It sucks because I went to a powerlifting gym and they also couldnt figure it out.

Ill sumo 405 right now but I still feel it and its seriously slowing down my progress.
    1 being the least and 10 being the most painful, surely you can place it somewhere on the scale?

^it really depends on how heavy or how many reps I do but obviously if I do a lot, it'll be a 7-8-9 maybe. The more I push, the worse it gets really. Its not a sore pain, its the type of pain that you feel if you go anymore, something will snap.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    My ex girlfriend had this...and ended up she has an extra vertebrae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omegagboost View Post
    ^it really depends on how heavy or how many reps I do but obviously if I do a lot, it'll be a 7-8-9 maybe. The more I push, the worse it gets really. Its not a sore pain, its the type of pain that you feel if you go anymore, something will snap.
    then seek medical advice

Thread Information