Bi6 7omo is offline Junior Member

Rep range bb vs powerlifting

Hi guy how are we all?

Would just like to start a convo on how many reps you do?

Iv started training 2 years ago and always lifted heavy and low reps iv got much stronger but not so much on the size, but recently iv been reading a lot about FORM as you all know about real slow and controlled exercise with a higher rep range what's the best for size?

The more I read the more confusing it becomes and I'm sure there will be lots of different opinion.

All advice welcome ........

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I have found varied rep ranges work best, I personally prefer the 8-20 range for the vast majority of my sets but will drop down into the 5-7 range every once in a while.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I personally stick to 8-12 reps. If i can do it more then 12 its to light and if i cant do 8 its to heavy. I'm more into feeling the muscle, focusing on the squeeze as opposed to throwing heavy weight around.

UnderTheRose is offline Junior Member
    What are your goals? Personally, I train for power so I keep the reps low for my woking sets 3-5 and geneally 8-10 for assistance work. If your diets right and your lifting heavy, 80percent in the 3-5 rep range you will definately be putting on size!

Thread Information