evander87 is offline Senior Member

Cardio and lifting?

So I was an insomniac for many years. Popped pills OTC stuff to get to sleep every night. Changed my life and not I lead a very active lifestyle. I get a workout in everyday. Right now I follow this routine

Day1 Back and Biceps
    Day2 chest and triceps morning the 20 minute high intensity interval cardio session in the pm
    day 3 Legs and shoulders
    Day 4 back and bis in the am 20 min HIIT cardio session in the pm
    Day 5 chest and tris
    Day 6 Legs and shoulders
    Day 7 HIIT cardio

I've been following this strict routine for 18 months been weight training not as strict for an additional 2 years.

I'm 37 years old and follow a great diet. Trying for 4000 calories a day through oatmeal, chicken breast, veg, and protein shakes. I'm currently sitting at 7% bf at 225. But thats the problem.

I'm super lean on the arms and legs but I'm carrying a lot of fat (maybe 10%) on my low abs.

I'm not going for the BB look but would like to add an additional 10-15 lbs to look more proportioned.

I need to workout everyday for me to get to sleep at night and would love to hear members thoughts on cardio workouts?

Thanks.

juttsdm5 is offline Associate Member
    I would switch your training sessions to night time after you have some meals in ya.
    and
    Id do the cardio sessions in the morning on an empty stomach.

This is what i do . Works well.

I also run HGH, T3 , and Clen

Ill be switching the T3 out for some T4 as soon as i get it.

This will def burn some fat. Head over to Lions site . ARR

juttsdm5 is offline Associate Member
    I aslo hit the cardio 6 days in the morning. I train at night. I dont see how people train a muscle with maybe 1 meal in.

AnabolicBear is offline New Member
    What about negative sides with the otc pills and the clen and hgh? I would be worried about that

Thanks for the info guys. I should clarify my am lift happens at 11am. By that time I've had two meals. My bad I didn't include that tid bit in the original post. The cardio is done 4:30pm

Hey juttsdm5 what kind of cardio do you do? Treadmill, rowing, elliptical, stairs? What do you think is the best way to do cardio so as not to destroy LM? Thanks

Donman1001 is offline Junior Member
    Hey evander87 just wondering how this split has been working out for you. I am on a split nearly exactly the same just without the cardio, and I am seeing excellent results (15 lbs lbm in just 2 months - hard gainer) just wanna know how it has been working for you and how many exercises/sets/reps do you perform for each muscle group?

For getting the muscle and size I want? It's been killer. Now I'm just trying to shred. For the lifting I do HIT 3 times a week (1 set per exercise to complete exhaustion I have a trainer that pushes me past where I would quit on my own. 3-4 exercise per muscle try and make the weight so I only get 5-8 reps and I'll be at failure) The other three lift days I blast. 3 sets at 25 reps a set and 3-4 exercises a muscle group. I work from compound lifts to iso on all days. Hope that makes sense.

PS I wasn't doing the blast lifting when I was bulking. Only started that a few weeks ago.

Donman1001 is offline Junior Member
    Similar to what I am doing except I do circuit 3 days and heavy for 3 days, try to keep all my lifts in the 8-12 rep range with my last set always being to muscle failure - I have seen this being the best muscle building rep range for me. Got any pics of results?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    If your not happy with being shredded at 7% you'll never be happy. There is something wrong with you, or you're not really at 7%. Do you know what 7% looks like?

If you can see this pic, this is around 6%. Are you close to looking like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cardio and lifting?-6%25.jpg  

About 10%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cardio and lifting?-10%25.jpg  

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    is that you aus? RIPPED

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    If your not happy with being shredded at 7% you'll never be happy. There is something wrong with you, or you're not really at 7%. Do you know what 7% looks like?
    Yeah my trainer told me I was 7%. I posted a picture on here and the consensus is I'm more at 10%. Sooooo I have a bit of work to do to get shredded. That's why I'm blasting the cardio.

Thread Information