joshh is offline Associate Member

should i keep cutting or put on muscle? *pics included*

hi guys

so basically the past 9 months or so i have been trying to loose weight, this consisted of lifting 4 days a week, cardio here and there, on and off a keto diet, tried intermittent fasting. Here is what i looked like january this year:

basically my goal is to become not ridiculously big like a pro bodybuilder, but i want a nice ripped natural look with really defined abdominal region something like this:

my current stats are roughly 170lbs and 5'8, here's a recent picture:

i believe i can still cut quite a bit as i can still pinch thick skin in my abdominal region and i still have love handles, although i have been told that a lot of it is just water and/or thick skin.
    so i'm not sure if doing a cycle and gaining muscle would be beneficial to me to get more definition around the abs, or would cutting as much fat as possible still be the best idea?
    if i was to keep cutting and get to a respectful bodyfat %, is there an anabolic steroid i could use on very low carbs to just build lean muscle and not to bulk so to speak?

thanks

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I would keep cutting, but that is just based on my personal preference. I would want to look great and build from there. Nice progress, by the way. Keep it up.

srsharp is offline New Member
    i saw this and im just wondering what ur workouts consist of? ive been trying to cut weight lately but not working very well for me.

diet was the key, not so much how i worked out. but at the moment i lift 4 days then 1 day rest, 45m low intensity cardio after each workout and hiit in the evenings

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Keep cutting for probably another 3/4 months, then clean bulk some more muscle on your frame. It's not just water and thick skin. Great work so far.

DubVwrestler171 is offline New Member
    That's great progress for the year! I'd keep cutting likenthe others said. Keep it up

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    For me, I think it would depend on what season it is where you live, if its winter like in the Uk and US i would bulk for three months and then start a cut from february onwards, if you from the southern hemisphere i woul cut and the blk after.

jpowell is offline Banned
    if i were u, with ur small size, 68", i wod change my routine to tone up. get more definition. but overall nice progress!

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    you need some muscle..lean bulk is what I would do..

Okay i am going to keep cutting for a while and then do a very very clean bulk. What's the best roid to use for a clean bulk on low carbs?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    what weight are you and what age?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    great work so far man. Keep it up.

170lbs, 20 y/o

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    no juice at 20 bro. You have very high hormones right now. No need for it

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you have done a great job cutting so just keep it up. your body is still at a high hormone level so just wait a few years until you are ready for it. you still have some growing to do. maybe you need to switch up your workout routine and start having some heavy lifting days.

IrishMuscle is offline Junior Member
    keep cutting bro, amazing progress made, i was the same as you, didnt know wether to keep cutting or bulk, im glad i kept cutting, you will be too

Thanks guys

I already am lifting heavy, doing a pyramid routine. Reason why i'm asking about juice is because i have been off carbs for such a long time, when i re-introduce them i will put on fat so it will be hard for me to gain lean muscle. I have tried re-introducing carbs slowly but i gained fat again. I know a few people who have done juice who are younger than me and they put on lean muscle

Don't even consider AAS yet. Keep cutting as suggested, then clean bulk as suggested. Obviously you will not eat as much carbs as you want, you will need to monitor them. You might be carb sensitive. Fat comes from excessive calories, so up cals slowly on clean bulk, eating as clean as possible and that should stop you getting fat. If you do notice too much fat, increase PWO cardio. You're not even close, muscle wise or age to start AAS.

Also another point, that goal pic you posted is very achievable without AAS.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    keep cutting and use any chirstmas dinners you have coming up as a reward to your cutting it will make this month fly

Thread Information