lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member

Calves workout. Back from vacation

I spent the last 10 days walking around Disney world, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, Universal Studios and theme park. OMG it was the most walking I have done i a few years. LOL A lot of the time I tried to be conscious about exaggerating my steps and using my calf muscles. My legs were SORE most of the time. I have some leg, foot, back issued due to two back surgeries in the past and on going back problems but it was a great leg/calf workout and I didnt notice at first but it was pointed out to me yesterday my first day back the my calves were a lot bigger and more defined. They were. I think I gained a good 1/2" if not more and defiantly looked more defined, muscular.

It's funny how just normal day to day stuff can make such a difference if you stay conscious to your body.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Now if people would just learn to apply this principle in the gym to all bodyparts.....

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    its funny. all that lifting but something simple does it. im in the army and a few years ago i went to this course which was over 2 weeks long at bragg and my legs and calves got thicker to from the rucking. been rucking for years but those 2 weeks changed things.

i call this the paleo cave man muscle building theory.

Conrad0032 is offline New Member
    That's awsome man. I just bought a 60lb best. I plan on walking with it all the time when i got free time and gradually working into running with it.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_rocks View Post
    its funny. all that lifting but something simple does it. im in the army and a few years ago i went to this course which was over 2 weeks long at bragg and my legs and calves got thicker to from the rucking. been rucking for years but those 2 weeks changed things.

i call this the paleo cave man muscle building theory.
    Yeah I went to that course when it was 3 weeks long and my legs grew big time.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I remember seeing some type of sports shoe not so long ago which had you basically walking on the front of your foot, picture a high heal but not that exaggerated, but yeah that was the whole idea behind it, can't remember where I saw them, I can't remember them looking stupid or anything either.

Bart55 is offline New Member
    I wouldn't recommend using those type of shoes, i personally use vibram five finger shoes when i lift as they allow natural full range of motion in your feet which help strengthen muscles normal training shoes don't allow as they restrict movement. I have terrible ankles as a result of football but i swear by these shoes as they've helped me with my lower body lifts and help keep and my ankles strong. On another note, on legs day if you want emphasize your calves more, i would personally do ballistic leg press or squats with lower weight than you are used to. Helps work fast twitch muscles fibers in your leg and calves while conventional squats focus on slow twitch muscle fibers. (extremely helpful if your an athlete looking to increase explosive speed and jumping abilities as well)

Thread Information