Terinox is offline The One & Only

Is This Routine Any Good ???

I was thinking of changing my routine to this...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Monday - Biceps/Back/Abs
    Wednesday - Shoulders/Legs/Abs
    Friday - Chest/Triceps/Abs

This will be my first time working out ONLY one muscle group once a week...I've been told my many ppl it's the best way to go for growth.

I will also be doing cardio Tues/Thurs/Sat, which is what I'm already doing now, so I think it should all workout well. Plz let me know what you think, I am starting this new routine next week, and I would like some opinions till then.

Thnx a bunch
    Terinox

Oh, and if you were wondering...

Weight: 180
    Height: 5'6"
    Training: Two years natural

One more thing, I am also taking Creatine and Glutamine right now, and was wondering if that schedule would conflict with this in any way, which I doubt.

Also, I will be starting Clen soon, maybe in 3-4 weeks time. Is this routine okay with this? The cardio will become more and more intense, so I can burn more fat, but I think the routine will stay the same for weights, what u think ?

Thnx
    Terinox

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Terinox,

thats a pretty good workout bro. You'll be affecting your front delts and triceps in wednesdays and fridays workouts so these muscles may become overtrained... all I can say is monitor your progress and if you can see whether they are being negatively affected then change to the full on push pull system:

Monday - Back/biceps
    Wednesday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Friday - Legs

This method means that each body part only gets hit once per workout cycle and ensures they get maximum rest. Oh I notice now that you put biceps before back in your list - you are training back before biceps right?

def

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I think what defdaz has put looks a lot better.The chest will pre exhaust the triceps and warm them up for a good workout.It looks good and gives you enough time to recover.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

Is good

I would do things a little different. Looks like your at gym on off days or cardio. If you want to work each body part 1x week(which most ppl find very effective for bulking). I would do something like this, will allow you to work each group a bit hard and should never take more than 1H per muscle group.

Monday - legs/calves
    Tues. Chest/abs
    Wed Tri and Bi's Calves
    Thrus Back/lower back/abs
    Friday Shoulders/forearms/calves

Something along that line, or using whatever days work for you.

Well thnx for the ideas...but well you see...

First off, I prefer to only workout M/W/F, on T/T/S I do cardio, and I don't want to be too tired when I'm doing the cardio. Also, I don't have as much time to get in a good workout, by M/W/F I have a solid 3 hours in between my classes at Univ. so it's nice and convenient.

Also, I workout with friends, but they can only workout with me on Fridays, and so I really prefere to do chest on Fridays so that I can do it with them. It just feels better, and they know exaclty how to spot me, the rest of the jokers in the gym fuck up the spot

So, that's the reason I made my schedule the way it was, and I will try this for 2-3 weeks, but like you said, I will careful observe the muscles to see how they respond. If they are overtrained, then I will have no choice but to change my routine to something similar to what you suggested.

Thnx
    Terinox

Oh, and what about the Clen having any effect? Positive or negative with this routine?

What about this then...

Monday - Back/Biceps/Abs
    Wednesday - Legs/Abs
    Friday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps /Abs

And what is wrong with doing biceps before back??

I thought it would be better to do biceps when I'm full of energy, and not tired, because my biceps tend not to be as big as I would like them to be

Is it better to do back first ??

And what about Friday, chest day, which order should i do for those???

Thnx
    Terinox

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    i would like to to try doing chest shoulders and triceps all in the same day...have fun..if you want to get a good triceps workout it is not going to happen..you will have nothing left..don't plan on going heavy

try something like this...

monday chest and bis
    tues off
    wed. back and tris
    thurs off
    fri legs
    sat shoulders and traps
    sun off

your upper body gets a full day rest before you work it out again..this is a great program..and it is only 4 days a week

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Chest and tri's

Yeah, your triceps are a secondary muscle group to many of the chest excersises that you preform. To work them out on diffrent days I have foound to be counter-productive. Other than that you W/O looks great.
    IC

I don't think I ever said I was going to workout my triceps on a different day then chest. I already know how much they go together. I've been working out for 2 years, i mean, it's just common sense...

Either way, I think for now, this is what i'll try...

M - bi's/back
    W - shoulders/legs
    F - chest/tri's

Terinox

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

My bad Terinox

I'm sorry man.
    I SWEAR I thought that I read your post as having tris and chest on differnet days! I just had eye surgury 2 days ago as most of you already know and I guess I completely read past this one!
    Everything looks cool bro. Let us know how it turns out. That and with all the responses about tri's I guess I screwed up on this one.
    IC

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Looks good, Ter. I would just strongly encourage you to do back BEFORE biceps. Larger muscles should be worked first for the most part because the compound movements involve several muscle groups. I think that you will get agreement on this from most, if not ALL of the experienced BB here.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    first up - Shredz, you do realise that you are affecting your triceps three times a week yeah? cool.

Terinox - bro, doing biceps before back is a totally dumb thing to do - no two ways about it. Sorry for being so blunt but this is the fact. Tell you what - do your biceps training and then do back and closely monitor which muscles it is that are giving out and causing the termination of your sets... which muscles is it that are getting the most pumped? 100% guarantee it'll be your biceps... That is, unless you only do isolation exercises like stiff arm pulldowns and bent over raises for back!!

back to Shredz cos I can't resist... Shredz, the push pull system is a very greatly respected system for allowing maximum recovery and some of the most efficient training possible. It's precisely because you've already knackered out your triceps from doing chest and delts that you can blast them so quickly and efficiently!! Argh!! Why oh why do people think that compound chest or delt work has little impact upon the triceps? TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND TRAIN SMART, FFS!! Then give your triceps a full week of and then massacre them again! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG!!!

Sorry everyone, rant over.

def

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Mon- Legs/Cardio
    Tue- Shoulders/Abs
    Wed- Chest/Cardio
    Thur- Back/Abs
    Fri- Arms/Cardio

Re: My bad Terinox

Originally posted by Tobey
    I'm sorry man.
    I SWEAR I thought that I read your post as having tris and chest on differnet days! I just had eye surgury 2 days ago as most of you already know and I guess I completely read past this one!
    Everything looks cool bro. Let us know how it turns out. That and with all the responses about tri's I guess I screwed up on this one.
    IC
    Hay, no harm done dude, it's all good

I will try this, and i'll be sure to post again and let you know how this routine works out for me.

You guys are right about the Back before Bicep, I realize what you mean, and it does make plenty sense. I will give that a shot.

One other question, in terms of doing abs, is it better to do them one after each other, to really burn them out, or is it okay to do like one exercise for your back lets say, and then go do one exercise for abs, and then come back to "back". I've usually liked it more doing one body group straight, and burning it hard over and over with exercieses.

Let me know what ya'll think

Thnx
    Terinox

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    I see some guys do Chest and Back and NOT do any tri or bi work during certain times of their training... and their arms are huge!

Amazing, but it gives you an idea how the triceps and biceps get taxed during these basic two. If you do em... do em AFTER!

Thread Information