Lean out at same weight???

Hey guys, its been a long time since i've been on here. I have a pretty good idea of what i want to do and how to diet for this goal, but i want some pointers and suggestions on what works for you all when you have tried or if you were to try, what you may do for lifts.

What i want to accomplish is lean out, but at the same time i want to try not to lose much weight if i can avoid it while doing this in a timely fashion. I have gotten a little older and my body is a better place for weight flux, and i've been natural for about 2 years now.

180-weight
    25-age
    about 15%-bf
    5'11"-height
    lifting consistantly this go round for 4 months

my main question is whether you guys think it'll be easier to cut and give weight and some muscle up quickly and then bulk, or if i could set up my diet and lifts right and would i be able to drop bf% quickly without losing weight or muscle?

Any suggestions or ideas for a set/rep ratio for workouts and stuff would be great.

Bump*

i decided for now, to just go higher reps, more sets, and to change my regimen a little bit. Medium cardio and decent diet. Mostly preotein, light carbs, and almost no fat. If it doesn't seem to be on track, ill tweak it up. Any suggestions would be cool, i'm open to change and ideas given they make sense and in theory will work.

123 views and no reply??? I know one of you has a suggestion....

Thanks,

"dirty d"

Razor is offline Banned
    Im doing the same thing right now. Increase cardio two twice a day 30-40 min session
    Last edited by Razor; 03-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks

"dirty d"

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i used to do 2 a days, cardio in the morning, then lift in the afternoon. wouldn't lift every day, but would try to maintain the cardio regimen at least 5 times a week. weekends would kill me cause i'd go out, but then again it's good for getting the blood flowing after drinking, helps sober you up a little faster.

all that said, if you set your diet up properly you should be able to bulk and cut down a little body fat at the same time. wouldn't look the scale for an indicator, but rather before / progress pictures......

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    High protein, low carbs.....high reps lower weight.....HIT, slow incline walk, slow stairmaster 40+ mins a day

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is something that can be done but you have to really know your body and know how manipulating your diet will effect it. Often this achieved through years of experience and trial and error. It's easy to say high protein, low carb will get you there, but this is a broad statement and unless you're counting calories/macros then this will only get you so far. For me, I've found that timing your carb intake and carb cycling is my best approach. I perform 3 low carb days (~150g carbs) and then follow up with a refeed/carb-up day (~250-300g carbs). Getting just the right amount of cals, fat, protein, and carbs right is something that you can fine tune through trial and error. Evaluate your diet every 2 weeks and make changes accordingly. Of course training and cardio are two other factors as well but as we all should know by now, DIET IS #1!!!
    Last edited by M302_Imola; 03-09-2012 at 06:36 AM.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Well put......

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    This is something that can be done but you have to really know your body and know how manipulating your body will effect it. Often this achieved through years of experience and trial and error. It's easy to say high protein, low carb will get you there, but this is a broad statement and unless you're counting calories/macros then this will only get you so far. For me, I've found that timing your carb intake and carb cycling is my best approach. I perform 3 low carb days (~150g carbs) and then follow up with a refeed/carb-up day (~250-300g carbs). Getting just the right amount of cals, fat, protein, and carbs right is something that you can fine tune through trial and error. Evaluate your diet every 2 weeks and make changes accordingly. Of course training and cardio are two other factors as well but as we all should know by now, DIET IS #1!!!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well I aint no diet expert I had a friend help me with my diet.Cro hooked me up nothing hard but I stayed at the same weight give or take a few lbs either way.I was running tren ace and test.Cardio 1hr 20 min ed 2 times eod.I really toned down.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well I aint no diet expert I had a friend help me with my diet.Cro hooked me up nothing hard but I stayed at the same weight give or take a few lbs either way.I was running tren ace and test.Cardio 1hr 20 min ed 2 times eod.I really toned down.
    Sounds like some solid results bro and I'm by no means bragging, but my last cycle was prop and tren ace (recomp) and I gained 15 lbs. while dropping 1-2% BF (started at around 10%). This was by no means my 1st cycle so I knew exactly how the gear would effect me and had my diet dialed in that's why I was able to accomplish this. Many years of trial and error and I still learn things about my body on almost a daily basis.

Thread Information